Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1579 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Making my own soil and Tea? All Advice wanted!!!

I was thinking of buying 2 five gallon buckets of peat moss and adding 1 five gallon bucket of rabbit manure together to use for my mothers and clones when the throw out roots. Good idea Bad idea? and I was going to use rabbit manure tea with molasses and use that as my main watering food. Any thoughts? if anyone has any other mixes they would like to suggest I would appreciate it. Thanks :rastasmoke:
    diesel513 Reviewed by diesel513 on . Making my own soil and Tea? All Advice wanted!!! I was thinking of buying 2 five gallon buckets of peat moss and adding 1 five gallon bucket of rabbit manure together to use for my mothers and clones when the throw out roots. Good idea Bad idea? and I was going to use rabbit manure tea with molasses and use that as my main watering food. Any thoughts? if anyone has any other mixes they would like to suggest I would appreciate it. Thanks :rastasmoke: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

That's a lot of s#+t, could be pretty hot and really acid.

Sure, try it. Just not on all your plants if your counting on them. It's good to try different things. Even a bad experience is still Experience. And there is no substitute for that.

rabbit manure actually isn't "hot" it has lots of nitrogen but it is slow release

But 33%

I would tend to think that the rabbit manure should be composted first.
    The molasses is O.K. although I don't think you really need to use it with every watering... especially during Veg. Depending on how well sealed your grow space is, it can tend to draw all sorts of nasty little bugs.(IMHO)

Indoors I use molasses every feeding with no bug issues. Outdoors I know that ants can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Indoors I use molasses every feeding with no bug issues. Outdoors I know that ants can't stand it.
    Have had problems with raccoons, looking for treats I suppose, outside of course.