Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1713 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Beaker base vs. straight shot

Hey guys I was doing some shopping around for a new bong last night found one I like that's a straight shot and one that's a beaker base. Now I'm usually inclined to go with the beaker base but the straight shot is 10 bucks more and has a perc. This got me wondering, what's the difference between a straight shot and a beaker base? Yea a beaker may be a little harder to tip and it takes more water to fill up but it seems like there is more contact between the smoke and the water. My logic here is that the smoke can spread out further in the beaker base and thus ends up being cooler than in the straight shot. I don't know if this is really the case though and was wondering if anybody has ever noticed a difference in either the smoothness or the temperature of a hit from a straight shot vs. a beaker base. Or maybe even there's some some fancy science to say one way or the other.

Thanks for the info!
    Pipelover Reviewed by Pipelover on . Beaker base vs. straight shot Hey guys I was doing some shopping around for a new bong last night found one I like that's a straight shot and one that's a beaker base. Now I'm usually inclined to go with the beaker base but the straight shot is 10 bucks more and has a perc. This got me wondering, what's the difference between a straight shot and a beaker base? Yea a beaker may be a little harder to tip and it takes more water to fill up but it seems like there is more contact between the smoke and the water. My logic here Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Beaker base vs. straight shot

I cannot give you any scientific reasoning, but I will agree with your assumption. The beaker base provides a slightly cooler smoke than the straight shot, but notice I said slightly. The only way to know for sure what is right for you is to sample both styles. You might ask around with your friends and see if you can find both styles to try.

The beaker base can be harder to tip, but if you look around you can find bent neck bongs that eliminate that issue, too.