Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1807 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

ranger HEAD quarters come on in

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Ahhh.. only one problem with that......I'd want to LIVE in the damned cave
    The ones I look at, could house lots of stuff. One had a skating rink, another a concert area. Jessie James's hideout around here had room for horses, cattle, supplies, and his crew. Looked at one on line that had a half a mile of side walks for the handicapped. But the green rush might just be the key.
    Think I like the security angle.

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    I wanna go to 'The Farm'! Tenn is a tad warmer than Md. I love the rolling hills & I'm from WV, so it would be less of a culture shock for me. Are they online?
    The definitely are Cat! and looking for people!
    About The Farm - Home Page

Ranger- we have so many caves throughout this area of the country- I do know people who have hidden out in em and even had a friend as a kid who died in one- most of the tunnels connect and Mammoth cave which the entrance is just over the KY line was once a place where the Cherokee Nation holed up- they were able to have an entire village - horses and all in the cave!

We even have a famous TN Pot cave- where an underground cave was converted to a grow- he would never been caught either if he wasn't stealing the power!

Caves are cool…..

Sooner or later they will catch you stealing that power!

Around home here, they have even caught growers because they tapped into water lines, trying to get free water. If your inside your partnering with the power company, and they want their share. If you go off the grid with a Ginny, then your partner is the oil company, and they want a little more than their share. Out west we use solar a lot, and pay right up front. No such thing as a free ride!

At the very least, I'd like to end up with a solar powered greenhouse & hot water heater. I wouldn't mind paying up front because it pays for itself in the end, & it helps keep some of my money out of the power hungry hands of the power company.

But yeah. Power & water companies monitor that shit. Trying to steal it is just asking to get popped.

...good aquaponic read range.

7.   Advertisements

First try at an exotic system, had a length of rain gutter. Set it at an angle one end higher an other. Filled it with peat moss. Had rain barrel to empty into the high end, filled from wind mill(what happened to wind mills?). Planted my little pot plants in the gutter one per foot(corn lessons). Took some time to get all ladies, I was just learning. Would constant drip compost tea from rain barrel into high end of gutter to keep low end moist, supported on hog wire fence running the length at the base of wind mill. Short full season. My first real success, got me hooked. This was in'68. Still like just growing in the dirt like granddad did!! He even helped if I helped on the still. Wonder how many laws we broke?

Must have been, woke this morning to find out was a two cat and two dog night. That's three more than usual!!

Hahaha! Yeah... when it gets that cold here, I'm the sucker who gets pushed out into the floor! Day time highs, the teens... night time lows, 0ΒΊ to single digits. Way way below normal temps for us. We've had more snow, but never in my life time have we had such a COLD winter! I hate winter!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567