Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1616 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Breeding Question...

I want to pollinate one female plant. I'm growing several females (from seeds) and several males from seed. After they show their sex I'm going to separate my healthiest male and female plant (just one of each), and grow them together in the furthest room away from my grow. I'll destroy the remaining males, and flower the remaining females in my grow tent. My plan is to grow the single male and female together until they pollinate, then destroy the male. After pollination I will keep the female separate from the other females for one week. I'm thinking that after one week any remaining pollen wouldn't be good anymore and I could return her to my grow tent without fear of pollinating remaining females.

My question is....One (1) week after pollination, can I return the pollinated female to my grow tent (with the other females) and finish her grow and harvest the seeds along with flowers when ready? Thanks!

Peace, PIF
    Pay It Forward Reviewed by Pay It Forward on . Breeding Question... I want to pollinate one female plant. I'm growing several females (from seeds) and several males from seed. After they show their sex I'm going to separate my healthiest male and female plant (just one of each), and grow them together in the furthest room away from my grow. I'll destroy the remaining males, and flower the remaining females in my grow tent. My plan is to grow the single male and female together until they pollinate, then destroy the male. After pollination I will keep the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Breeding Question...

Sounds like a plan. When you have pollen flying just make sure you get it to the waiting and ready female. I'd wait a day and then spray her down with water. That will kill any surviving pollen. Now you may introduce your queen to the grow with the rest of the females.

Breeding Question...

Get any seed?

Breeding Question...

Yes, it worked. Thanks Shovelhandle, I followed your advice.

Peace, PIF

Breeding Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Sounds like a plan. When you have pollen flying just make sure you get it to the waiting and ready female. I'd wait a day and then spray her down with water. That will kill any surviving pollen. Now you may introduce your queen to the grow with the rest of the females.
    Thanks, I followed your advice.

Peace, PIF

Breeding Question...

So I have used this technique- now I want to learn to freeze the pollen….anyone have any experience with this?

I saw a video ( I love the internet!) that showed a pretty easy technique of freezing it in separate envelopes in a glass jar. Looked like all you had to do was knock pollen off into the wax paper, fold it up, date it and freeze it. Got to be harder then this…..