Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1725 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

DIY 15 Shot Bubble Cloner

hey ya'll gonna do a simple bubble cloner cuz me baglady is outgrowin her cart, lol.

gonna be a simple diy too mostly pix. they say a picture is worth a thousand words, an i'm sure nunya wanna read that much o' my crap!!! so here goes

materials...small r-maid, sponges, air pump, air line, and 2 airstones...wait..2? ya only bought 1 ya jackass!!! yer fired!!! ahem, ok.

sponges cut and laid out....hehehe i said sponge and laid in the same sentence!!! lol

holes cutted in lid a but smaller in both dimensions than the sponges.

sponges fitted inna holes...lol the sponges will get a cut from one side to lay in the stem....lol again.

a looksee from above.....exciting stuff eh??? sittin onna edge o' yer seats ta see whuts next eh??

howsabout a pic of the bottom of the lid...and sponges, lol.

coupla holes drilled right by the top edge for shoving yer tube in.....lol

the parts together at last!!!

oh and 1 more closed up....just to make sure i still know how to take a pic and post it online...:thumbsup:

that's it!! a simple project that should clone like a mother from the mother....ummm yeahhhh. ok cya laterz.

one final note that most are likely aware of anyways....if ya make somethin, be sure ta wash the hell outta it cuz factories use release agents in the molding processes most of the time. better ta git the chems out before the girls go in.

also, disclaimer.......DON'T CUT YER FREAKIN NOSE OFF USIN A SHARP KNIFE!!!
    unforgiven3x Reviewed by unforgiven3x on . DIY 15 Shot Bubble Cloner hey ya'll gonna do a simple bubble cloner cuz me baglady is outgrowin her cart, lol. gonna be a simple diy too mostly pix. they say a picture is worth a thousand words, an i'm sure nunya wanna read that much o' my crap!!! so here goes materials...small r-maid, sponges, air pump, air line, and 2 airstones...wait..2? ya only bought 1 ya jackass!!! yer fired!!! ahem, ok. http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/unforgiven3x2/BUBBLE%20CLONER%2015/2003-02-07001_zps63578b11.jpg sponges Rating: 5
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/205434-cannacopia-deep-chunkolate-mystery-baglady-first-grow-ever.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/diy-how-methods/205451-diy-15-shot-bubble-cloner.html

2.   Advertisements

Good work. Now I have a question because I have only seen one cloner and never used one myself.
    The cloner I saw had a water pump in it to spray water on the cuttings, how does a bubble cloner get the water onto the cuttings?

hey thanks for lookin mainely. the stems of the clones will be in the aerated water.

got busy at 5 inna mornin lol

15 clones cut!!!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/205434-cannacopia-deep-chunkolate-mystery-baglady-first-grow-ever.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/diy-how-methods/205451-diy-15-shot-bubble-cloner.html

Three tips for your cloner.

First - At the hardware store, you can get some 'paint on' latex. This turns your DRY sponges into basically neoprene collars, will last you 500x as long, and won't get all nasty from mold, mildew, bacteria (your sponges will)

Second - The holes you drilled to put the airhoses through, make it goto the lip of the container (hole all the way up) This way when its time to dump, you don't have to mess with the airline and can just pull up part of the lid and pull the airstone out, and then maintain your box.

Third - I find for a cloner box, the more shallow containers work better, my cloner only has 10 spots, but is only about 4" tall, and roughly 12" wide. I typically see roots in 4-5 days (using clonex hydro) and typically fully established and ready for veg in 7 days.

Other than that, great job. You can also order the neoprene collars in bulk online, they're only a few cents each, and will outlast/outperform the sponges.

hey thanks low_rdr for lookin and for the tips!!! gotsta love anything that helps guide a noob along. paint on latex huh? sounds more like a sex shop item than hardware lmao. i've seen the neoprene stuff posted here n there and on online shops.

other than having bought the pump last week at the local B&M hydro, all the materials i had kickin about. not happy with the sponges, was searchin for something better like memory foam, but alas those were all we had about. also they are only about 1 inch thisk so not a huge amount of support. but if they work for this batch of clones i will gladly chuck em afterwards. they were sittin inna cupboard new in pkg still cuz we hate em.

have lots of r-maid tubs around as well, so if i get something different it is no big deal to cut a new lid for different shapes or sizes.

excellent point on the hoses too for tub maintenance. saw that elsewhere, dunno why i didn't incorporate it here tho.

definately will look into a shallower tub in the future too.

thanks again

np, if I were you, I'd keep using this tub for veg. Thats my veg tub, is a 10 gallon rubbermade with 8 spots. I use 4" netpots, but you could use the 3" and probably get 15 in there (and the net pots will give you more support) Gives mine enough support to get up to about 3'

As for the sex shop stuff, yeah, the latex is made for dipping the handles of tools to insulate them. It's like $15 a quart, and it'd be much cheaper to switch to netpots or neoprene collars :P

but yeah, you've got the basics. Make sure your using clonex hydro solution though, the gel won't work.