Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1356 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

My noob setup :)

Hey everyone, just thought I'd share what im doing here for my 2nd harvest ever.
    My first harvest was about 3 ounces from an extremely unorganized setup in this tent with 4 plants and with this setup and only 2 plants scrogged up I'm almost positive ill get a 1/4lb of much denser noogies

I have a 2x4x5' tent with a 6" hydrofarm fan pulling air through a 4" carbon filter...

I'm using a 3.5 gallon container to hold my nutrient mix with an air bubbler and an irrigation system. I use 1 gallon pots with a mix of fox farm soil and botanicare coco (about 50/50). It drips twice a day with a timer for 30 minutes at a pretty slow rate just enough to moisten them and let them breath between breakfast and dinner mmmmm...

I'm using botanicare pro grow and pro bloom with cal/mag and sweet raw (sometimes ill add a touch of bat poop)

For light I'm using five 65w cfls in an array I built (for now)... I dont really want to deal with the heat or extra gear associated with hps lights cause im just a casual grower. I considered getting a high output t5 fixture but I wasn't sure if they made those for flowering with the right spectrum?

I've been dosing the ladies with MyCotrol due to a root aphid issue (see images, I actually dug into a plant and saw a couple little buggers crawling around so I know for a fact they're root aphids and not mites or fungus gnats). It seems to be slowing them down if not killing them all, but there's still some yellowing although not too bad (feedback on this would be accepted graciously).

Just thought I'd share and see what you all thought, rock on

Attachment 290556Attachment 290557Attachment 290558
    lexalotacus Reviewed by lexalotacus on . My noob setup :) Hey everyone, just thought I'd share what im doing here for my 2nd harvest ever. My first harvest was about 3 ounces from an extremely unorganized setup in this tent with 4 plants and with this setup and only 2 plants scrogged up I'm almost positive ill get a 1/4lb of much denser noogies :cool: I have a 2x4x5' tent with a 6" hydrofarm fan pulling air through a 4" carbon filter... I'm using a 3.5 gallon container to hold my nutrient mix with an air bubbler and an irrigation system. I use Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

nice lookin set up

Quite nice.

I do think you are spinning your wheels trying to use mycotrol on root aphids.
    It's not specific for them and I saw no mention on the label.
    Let's hope it slows the buggahs down at least.

Carry on.

Aloha,
    Weezard

What would you recommend as an organic solution to cannabis root aphids? Thanks

The Mycotrol wants wet soil.
    So do the aphids!
    Best organic control is letting the soil get quite dry.

Could not find an "organic" remedy that actually works.
    The most effective treatment is nasty stuff.
    Bayer's imid, suitable only for veg.
    And it's systemic, (that's why it works).
    I did try almost everything else first.
    The Imid worked.

That was then, this is now.

My patient has a compromised immune system so I can no longer use systemics.
    I had to tear it all down, scrub it all down and start over with seed.
    Now I use dryer sheet as a preventative, and hope they keep working.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Looks like the set up I built years ago. I just got a 4x4'x78" tent. Love it.

I am using a 250 watt self contained hps in mine. No heat issues, but fans are mandatory to recirculate fresh cool air. Also; I just saw and almost bought the New C.A.P. 150 watt self contained hps, everything included. You could use 1 or 2 of those, but the set up you have now is great.

For aphids, mites, any soft shelled insect...; I use "DE" Diatomaceous Earth Food grade CODEX. It works. I wiped out a Spider Mite infestation with this "Organic" shell flower.

Good Luck. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by bitemybud
    Looks like the set up I built years ago. I just got a 4x4'x78" tent. Love it.

I am using a 250 watt self contained hps in mine. No heat issues, but fans are mandatory to recirculate fresh cool air. Also; I just saw and almost bought the New C.A.P. 150 watt self contained hps, everything included. You could use 1 or 2 of those, but the set up you have now is great.

For aphids, mites, any soft shelled insect...; I use "DE" Diatomaceous Earth Food grade CODEX. It works. I wiped out a Spider Mite infestation with this "Organic" shell flower.

Good Luck. Thanks for sharing.

What is the self contained light you got (i mean the 250w)? I was considering a light upgrade for the next round or maybe swap it in half way through this cycle... Thanks for the input guys

Here's quick update:

Week 3 of flowering, starting to throw off some sticky ickies looking a ton better/denser/sugarier at this phase than my first harv.
    Still pushing Botanicare Pure bloom with Cal/Mag and Sweet Raw... Adding a tad of Ripening blend from Kelp4Less.
    Edit: The leaves that look chewed up are because I have vegetarian cats that love to get high :jointsmile:

Attachment 290668Attachment 290669Attachment 290670