Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1596 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Massachusetts: New Ruling says Cities Can't Ban Marijuana Dispensaries

Early last Wednesday, Massachusetts State Attorney General Martha Coakley, ruled that cities and towns in Massachusetts cannot ban medical marijuana dispensaries due to this action being considered incompatible with state law. This sets a precedent that establishes medical marijuana as legitimate avenue to acquire medicine which is good because, right now cannabis needs all the support it can get.

Anyone in Massachusetts have direct experience with what is happening?
    PeteJenkins Reviewed by PeteJenkins on . Massachusetts: New Ruling says Cities Can't Ban Marijuana Dispensaries Early last Wednesday, Massachusetts State Attorney General Martha Coakley, ruled that cities and towns in Massachusetts cannot ban medical marijuana dispensaries due to this action being considered incompatible with state law. This sets a precedent that establishes medical marijuana as legitimate avenue to acquire medicine which is good because, right now cannabis needs all the support it can get. Anyone in Massachusetts have direct experience with what is happening? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

expect a lot of foot dragging pete. you know what its like, we're lucky they dont still burn witches at the stake. it blew my mind when i heard about it passing. if it doesnt get dumped the next time theres a vote then maybe it could be a couple years after that we could see some relief. according the law as it was passed most things are supposed to be in place by 2014 but i cant see that happeneing since they are still fighting all the legal jockeying the cities and towns are using to slow it down so it can be voted on again and trashed. yes im a lil bit jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJenkins
    Early last Wednesday, Massachusetts State Attorney General Martha Coakley, ruled that cities and towns in Massachusetts cannot ban medical marijuana dispensaries due to this action being considered incompatible with state law. This sets a precedent that establishes medical marijuana as legitimate avenue to acquire medicine which is good because, right now cannabis needs all the support it can get.

Anyone in Massachusetts have direct experience with what is happening?
    I have mixed feelings on this.

A couple towns near me already have approved (or have been discussing) an ordinance banning dispensaries. Frankly, I like to grow my own, so anything that would make it difficult to locate a disp. nearby would be a good thing.
    I wasted NO time getting my doctors rep, so I'm growing! It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I just hope that once the disp. are established, that I can qualify for a hardship that will allow me to continue to grow.

Nice to see that Coakley is flexing some muscle to support the cause, though. I can't wait to get a look at what the disp, scene is going to be like, here. I wanna be able to get some "cuts" of some killer strains that I haven't tried yet! :thumbsup:

hardship rule sounded pretty broad so it might not be that hard. i would think that youd be able to tell them you want to be sure about what youre getting and when youre getting it. in the early stages the dispensaries may not be able to keep up with the demand.