Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1703 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long does it 'keep' in a bag after drying?

Just wondering how long will it keep, and how should I store it after drying to keep the longest?
    Thanks.
    ifluro Reviewed by ifluro on . How long does it 'keep' in a bag after drying? Just wondering how long will it keep, and how should I store it after drying to keep the longest? Thanks. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The cure process should be done in a glass jar (like a mason jar) I've had herb like this for a year, others say it starts to lose potency after 6 months. I've also heard of freezing it in air sealed bags after a proper cure and it lasting 2+ years that way.

Use your freezer
    I am no expert! Just been farming awhile :greenthumb: :greenthumb: peace :bonghit:tlranger Cannabis Circuit Rider
    IT\'S ALL A SYSTEM, THE SUM OF ITS PARTS -- :jointsmile:
    I\'m a low tech man, in a high tech world.
    You ain\'t seen nothin yet-hit me with your best shot-the more I see the less I know-

Jars are the best, but plastic ziplocks or vacuum bags are good. Store in the refrigerator.

2 quart wide mouth mason jars.....lined with two sheets of cut to fit todays newspaper...cut a circle for the bottom....60 grams per jar......then vacuum seal the jar with the quart jar attachment.....the newspaper helps absorb residule moisture...an hide the contents....from pryin eyes ...kids.... etc.....
    used to bury em in a five gallon bucket/buckets...a foot deep from the top.... you dont have bury em tho ...temp consistency is what yer lookin for...be it the fridge ...the freezer or a cool dark spot next to the canned peaches.....have had em stored this way for 12 months....still somewhat moist ...tasty an potent..ok not like fresh but for after a year .....fresh enough...
    always made me feel like a buddaneer digging em up like buried treasure....don't fergit ta make a map......

Quote Originally Posted by pyeyed1
    ..don't fergit ta make a map......
    Am I the only one that writes stuff down, then it ends up in court.

No bro, just inexperience, it's a process.

Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by pyeyed1
    2 quart wide mouth mason jars.....lined with two sheets of cut to fit todays newspaper...cut a circle for the bottom....60 grams per jar......then vacuum seal the jar with the quart jar attachment.....the newspaper helps absorb residule moisture...an hide the contents....from pryin eyes ...kids.... etc.....
    used to bury em in a five gallon bucket/buckets...a foot deep from the top.... you dont have bury em tho ...temp consistency is what yer lookin for...be it the fridge ...the freezer or a cool dark spot next to the canned peaches.....have had em stored this way for 12 months....still somewhat moist ...tasty an potent..ok not like fresh but for after a year .....fresh enough...
    always made me feel like a buddaneer digging em up like buried treasure....don't fergit ta make a map......

addendum : the source of this information advised that the ink used is mostly vegatable based so non toxic....
    ...and claimed that the paper helps to remove the chlorophyll .........now am no chemist so i dunno this fer a fact ...yet it appears to have a mellowing effect on the smoke..oh yeah ...may wanna use the funny papers section...then you be a smokin and a jokin and not even know where its comin from........
    as a final note....
    might like to run a test on a pint jar first and hold it that way for a month or so ...before you go all out .....make sure its rite for you an all .....

[quote=pyeyed1]addendum : ..may wanna use the funny papers section...then you be a smokin and a jokin and not even know where its comin from.

Am thinkin this one's got some good smoke.. did bury some once, really big rain and coolers surfaced, think instant nightmare.

So after hanging & drying for 10 days does all strains haved to be cured in jars or ziplock bags?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast