Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1569 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How long does it 'keep' in a bag after drying?

Hanging and drying is a cure. Using jars and newspapers is also a cure. Once your bud is dry you can put it in a jar or zip loc bag and freeze or refrigerate it. I kept a couple of ounces in the fridge for over a year one time. I'd forgotten I had it. Lit some up - good as the day it finished drying. For those that are anal you can pump nitrogen in to replace the oxygen to keep the oils in the bud from oxidizing. I have a hard time keeping bud that long.

2.   Advertisements

This is exactly what I was looking for! Trying to figure out the best way to finance my husband's medical use plants' produce so we don't have to grow non-stop, especially if he doesn't need to use too much (see * below for reason). it will likely need to be stored for upwards of a year for his case since he'll hopefully not need too much.

So, what about freezer BURN though? Would that not be an issue as the burn is the cells drying out and we don't care about that happening with bud? It would just be a matter of finding a good spot for them. I have a few cabinets that might work well.

Anyone try both fridge and freezer before and have different results for how well it lasted? What was different about storage other than the temp it was kept at?

*Hubby has severe back pain issues, totally debilitating generally for him currently. Just got new steroid shots in his lower back near L3/L4 to see if that helps. If not, it is likely either surgery to fix, or just meds to cope.

I was about to say ziplock IN a mason jar but I like pyeyed1's version waay better. Def gonna be how I do my first cure. I've got a heal re-sealer and a vacuum-sealer from a daily deal site. Also where I get my pen vaporizers for 9 dollars (only works with oils, unless you want to go DIY on the thing, they break easily but most can be fixed with a soddering iron.)

Once your medicine is dry and you cut the budds off the stems place the budds in a mason jar in a cool room basement works well and also store your jars upside down. If you want you can invest in a food saver . I sometimes put the jar with my meds minus the lid of course in a bag and seal . I do not recommend storing ganja in a freezer or the fridge sure if you have schwag go for it but the good stuff not a good idea the reason for this is like when you make hash and use a ice extraction remember this makes the crystals fall off so if you store the budd in a freezer or a cold fridge and you handle it alot it might loose some of the potency due to the crystals falling off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12