Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1706 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Someone help!!!!

Ok so lets just say I'm not in a legal state... I've been setting up a good size op. And for the last two weeks I've noticed timed and became unceasingly crazy paranoid!!! So I live in a small county back in the sticks, we have like 5 cops in the neighbor town but my town has NO cops and in 15 yrs I've never seen a cop within 3mi of my home, there's about 10 houses in a 1mi radius of my home so there's not much here to say the least! There's been a helicopter around 10am, 130pm, 400pm, and 8pm looping and hovering around mine and my neighboring homes for about ten min each time EVERY DAY!! EVERY EVERY EVERY DAY!! what the @$%&#- are they doing!!!
    Indimaniac Reviewed by Indimaniac on . Someone help!!!! Ok so lets just say I'm not in a legal state... I've been setting up a good size op. And for the last two weeks I've noticed timed and became unceasingly crazy paranoid!!! So I live in a small county back in the sticks, we have like 5 cops in the neighbor town but my town has NO cops and in 15 yrs I've never seen a cop within 3mi of my home, there's about 10 houses in a 1mi radius of my home so there's not much here to say the least! There's been a helicopter around 10am, 130pm, 400pm, and 8pm Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Someone help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indimaniac
    Ok so lets just say I'm not in a legal state... I've been setting up a good size op. And for the last two weeks I've noticed timed and became unceasingly crazy paranoid!!! So I live in a small county back in the sticks, we have like 5 cops in the neighbor town but my town has NO cops and in 15 yrs I've never seen a cop within 3mi of my home, there's about 10 houses in a 1mi radius of my home so there's not much here to say the least! There's been a helicopter around 10am, 130pm, 400pm, and 8pm looping and hovering around mine and my neighboring homes for about ten min each time EVERY DAY!! EVERY EVERY EVERY DAY!! what the @$%&#- are they doing!!!
    Driving you batty.

If it was green harvest you would have had company after the first recon.

Just to put it in perspective, we had a similar scare.
    Little, yellow, chopper started flying an odd pattern over N. Kona.
    Would draw boxes in the sky. Rise 100 yards, then north to south about 300 yards, then drop 100, south 400, and repeat.
    Several hours a day for several days.

Almost chopped my garden.
    Turns out it was an experiment in energy transfer.
    They set up a microwave transmitter on Maui, and beamed it at the Big Island.
    Then they flew patterns to measure the amount of power recoverable.

Of course they asked no permission, and gave no warning to the folks they were sprayin' with RF energy.
    Typical!

I'm just saying, there are other reasons for helicopter action.
    Let us know if you find out what was going on there.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Someone help!!!!

Likely just training or other exercises. You could always inquire and call the local authorities to ask about this. I've heard of stakeouts where it took many days (sometimes weeks), but they never used a chopper...

Someone help!!!!

maybe they were flying by and saw that half naked girl out in your patch. :jointsmile:

two weeks this has going on? really close to your house? unless they are looking for someone lost or escaped or something i can't imagine why. i was going to say maybe oil or gas searching choppers, we see them out here in the sticks occasionally, but not at night. strange. if its a big grow i'd consider shutting down and moving it out as stealthly as possible if it were me. :twocents: then sue them for harassment if it continues.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Someone help!!!!

They could be using FLIR and looking for heat signatures even in the day. Try to get the "N" number off the chopper and you can do a search to see who it belongs to. I'm assuming you are in the states. Here is an example: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...O9DlyAG_7IDoAQ

Someone help!!!!

Ya see my thing is I don't live within 10mi of any buildings there's no military no resources, mines, NOTHING!! and ya, well its been almost 3 now since over noticed anyway lol I was never looking before... I just really don't see why there would ever be a chopper out here!!

Someone help!!!!

Ok so update to my chopper issue, the last few days they been coming by more frequently and I'm even seeing them looping around at midnight and back over ten min later directly over my hose and low, too dark to see what colors etc... but I can see they have red white and blue flashing lights on them this is messed up there's no reason for them!!! Also, my grow is in a basement that is completely under aground with concrete block walls and the grow is also in an enclosed corner of the basement but I made walls my grow walls a few inches off the walls and as to use the box inside a box method and it been working well all my walls are the actual exact temp as the walls not around this area so their ambient temps aren't high so I didn't think a four would even see this!??? I don't know I need something to put my mind at ease!!!

Someone help!!!!

get a pb scanner

Someone help!!!!

From the sound of it, it doesn't look like they are looking for you or anything having to do with you. There are a number of reasons for choppers flying at night. Training, providing ground support, you live close enough to an airport and/or military installation whether or not you think it is close, it could still be close enough. Police choppers do not fly around constantly for no reason.

Point is, there could be a near limitless reason for choppers to be flying above and around your home.

but I can see they have red white and blue flashing lights on them
    Those are FAA required anti-collision lights which are necessary on all aircraft. Sometimes you might see green replace one of the colors.

Someone help!!!!

Lol well that's a little comfort lol.. I figured the lights were something like that but never hurts to mention the details... thanks for your responses, if anyone else has any insight let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook