Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1587 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what would be the best strain for first time grower?

Quote Originally Posted by sticky me
    that doesn't happen all the time and to all new growers mate.. though there are really some mistakes along the curse of growing, some can easily be corrected.. choosing the right strain is really a must.. the strain should be suitable for the grower's level of expertise
    I agree with this entirely.

Using bag seeds for a first grow might seem prudent, but these are usually of an unknown quality and an unknown strain. With seed bank seeds (from a reliable seed bank) you can be confident of the needs of the plants and then ensure you are meeting those needs. You can be sure that you are growing plants that are suited to your set up and you avoid the high rate of hermie plants that bag seeds often produce.

A first grow should give a person the confidence to go back for another grow, then another, then another. Bag seeds will often simply set yourself up for failure.

'Street deal' strains are usually high yield, high bag appeal but low stone appeal when compared to many of the strains available.

Yes, they cost a few dollars, but in light of it all, this is a minor expense.

Just my two cents worth.

StayLiftedAndGifted
    If you take your turkey out of the oven and it talks to you, then you are sufficiently baked.

2.   Advertisements

So true, so very very true. All my seeds are rare finds from outdoor grown dro. The indoor stuff never has seeds. My connect has amazing variety and relatively high prices so my bagseed is pretty good. (He

saves the seeds for me and my partner, he usually carries Blue Dream, Girl Scout Cookies (indoor and outdoor usually), Pineapple Express, OG Kush, Barry White (Nice rock hard buds I love this one), blueberry, a

solid-purple of some kind, and many others.) The ones I've popped so far seem to show ruderalis traits and start smelling only 3 weeks in, have a teal complexion, and unusual leaf structure, and they just idle and

under-perform in my DWC. Those same ones do amazing in supersoil though. Now I've got my DWC full of different unnamed strains which have variations plant-to-plant but all but 2 are extremely similiar. Only

problem is seeds from dro are often accidental, caused by free-flying pollen. I think that's where those ruddy genetics came from, my whole grow looks like a family with a lot of bastards and unknown baby

daddys. I'm having a blast though, and you're right being confident in your grow and enjoying yourself tends to foster better results. Most of my setup was bought from friends who never had any business trying

to grow in the first place, as it was just sitting around taking up space and needlessly incriminating them. The rest I built.

Browser double-posted ack

There can be a lot of fun in growing 'lucky dips'.

I also know of a 're-seller' who only carries high quality baggage. He has thrown a few seeds my way and some have been absolutely brilliant. It is rare for one of these not to throw out a hermie though and I have had a nice little plot sent to seed by this.

Now I keep these 'lucky dips' separate.

That's exactly what this guy is. A re-seller with a nice condo and a girlfriend who takes all his best nugs the moment he pops the tupperware. He changes his phone number every month, gets em in the mail through some kind of service. Stuff's all 375-400 even for extremely low-yield pure sativas. Who charges 380 an O for OG Kush and Blue Dream like their the same value!? (This blue dream never produces buds bigger than a chestnut, I've seen OG Kush buds bigger than an american football, they take up most of a large tupperware container) Your average dro runs 250-325 here but we just went medical two weeks ago so I suspect prices will fall drastically and soon everyone will have the variety I enjoy. If I had to guess I'd say these seeds are from Girl Scout Cookies, four soil look like ruderalis, the DWC ruddys all stalled so I replaced them, now the whole bagseed extended-family is happy. (as happy as you can make bagseed) I wish I had a source for clones, nearest buddy who grows that is willing to trade is like 45 minutes away in madison, WI. His sister offered to do the legwork for us but I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate me making plans with her. =P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12