Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1708 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A world without money

Recently, my beliefs have grown to new heights. What I perceive to be true absolutely shatters the belief system of most people. One of the thousand interconnected ideas is one that a "monetary based society" is inherently disruptive to natural human behavior.

We all live in a monetary based society. It's a society based on money. Everyone has heard the phrase "money is the root of all evil", yet we all are slaves to getting and spending money.

On Earth, forget just the U.S. alone, there is more debt than there is money. Think about this concept for a minute. How is this even possible? It's possible because of the brilliant invention of interest, but that's not what I want to focus on. Instead, realize that if everyone paid back their debts including governments, there would be no money left in circulation. This is purely a hypothetical because as I said earlier everyone's debts can't be payed back. This is because collectively, we owe more than we have. One thing is certain, our financial systems operate much like a Ponzi scheme, and sooner or later, they crumble. Why, then, would we do this to ourselves? A monetary based economy is a form of modern slavery.

Money turns humans, who are naturally social creatures, to hate each other.

Money keeps us wasteful, and behind the technological curve. This is because sustainability is not profitable.

There are trillions of digital dollars being transferred all the time, used for nothing other than a number on a screen, yet we have worldwide poverty and hunger.

Imagine how much of crime would disappear if there were no monetary incentive. I would postulate that only crimes of passion would remain. These are the most infrequent of all crimes.

A world without money, although hard for some to imagine, would not only bring a lifestyle that I prefer, but is something that mankind desperately needs.

Thanks!
    Txbizpro Reviewed by Txbizpro on . A world without money Recently, my beliefs have grown to new heights. What I perceive to be true absolutely shatters the belief system of most people. One of the thousand interconnected ideas is one that a "monetary based society" is inherently disruptive to natural human behavior. We all live in a monetary based society. It's a society based on money. Everyone has heard the phrase "money is the root of all evil", yet we all are slaves to getting and spending money. On Earth, forget just the U.S. alone, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

A world without money

i have also heard of this and it is crazy how that works and we dont evan realize it
    but i think are population numbers are just to large to get rid of the monetary system without causing violence
    and to say crime would vanish that is possible because then there will be no structure to create guidelines
    so basically we would turn into a society similar to the omish without the strict guidelines
    i just think its impossible to stop the sorce of all evil because without evil then how can there be any good
    look at it this way humans are animals but we created are own eco system
    so we basically we create are own form of nature and if you observe nature every thing is balanced because some species will naturally go extinct while others will evolve to componsate
    so what i am saying is without lions you can have no gazels

A world without money

well you can blame Julius Caesar for that. he didnt develop the concept of money but he did standardize it and made it global...global for back then. it was all barter before coined money came around. that was awesome if you were the guy trading a chicken for a bushel of wheat not such a good deal for the dude bustin his ass to raise the wheat.

A world without money

Julius Caesar did change the way 'democracies' work. But a more direct cause of our system can be attributed to John Locke, who was the first in the U.S. to propose 'private property'.

I love the 'with the grain' comments. I expected a backlash--this is great.

To growhand420: You're making one mistake in imagining this system in that you are taking mindsets of today, and hypothesizing how they would react in the society of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    but i think are population numbers are just to large to get rid of the monetary system without causing violence
    You are referring to 'the transition'. This goes above my head. My brain aches when I try to imagine how a resource based economy could come about. There might be violence. Then again, I believe that the U.S. government facilitated the assassination of JFK to go to war, the bombing at Pearl Harbor to go war, and the WTC attacks on 9/11 -> to go to war. Why go to war? Power and resources (oil). The U.S. has been acting like the mob to OPEC (oil) countries since the 50's. My point is, if the government thinks killing its own citizens to go to war for oil (money) is worth it, then why can't I believe that bloodshed in the name of a better world is worth it?

and to say crime would vanish that is possible because then there will be no structure to create
    did you mean to say impossible? I didn't say crime would vanish. I said that all monetarily incentivized crime would vanish. And I'm glad you drew the parallel the Amish--they don't have police, so how do they keep from murdering each other? They are a self policing entity, that is, each person in the community influences the 'bad apple', making it very unattractive to behave badly. Crime won't ever disappear, because we are human, and crazy.

A world without money

i just think its impossible to stop the sorce of all evil because without evil then how can there be any good
    look at it this way humans are animals but we created are own eco system
    so we basically we create are own form of nature and if you observe nature every thing is balanced because some species will naturally go extinct while others will evolve to componsate
    so what i am saying is without lions you can have no gazels
    So we are gazels?

We are also lions.

The biggest threat to our future survival is ourselves. Global economic meltdown, nuclear war, climate change. Maybe those who can't let go of money will die off? I'll tell you this: if I was J Rockefeller and I had 630 billion dollars (no joke), and one day our economy collapsed and my digital dollars were useless, I would not know wtf to do.

Science & Technology. This is what will drive us out of the dark and into the light. It's the only thing our race has developed, that we can be proud of, that we can show for. It's called emergence. Emergence is the idea that from the beginning of our species, there has been a constant, ascending understanding. One element of emergence, which is the only one that we can draw anything valuable from, is Science & Technology. The laws of emergence state that just as 100 years ago, when an Apple Iphone couldn't even be fathomed, 100 years from now, we will have technology that today we cannot imagine.

A world without money

Sure glad I had a cup of coffee, before reading this.

I personally see: Greed, Evil and competitive spirits, emerging as a new measure with a leader. Salt, gold, silver, grain...something will become the new monetary system, as it has, in the past. :rasta: pr

A world without money

Maybe. But we don't need a new monetary system. We don't need a monetary based society. It is bad and they make us act against natural tendancies, it creates evil tendancies within us......

What we need is what's called a "resource based economy". In this setting, our lives are governed by survival, sustainability, abundance, and longevity. Wouldn't it be nice to live for these things? Or should we continue to live for PROFIT.

A world without money

Money makes trading efficient and enriches our lives by saving time and money. Please don't blame the money for the incompetence and corruption of the politicians who are manipulating it. You really would not want to live in a world without money.

A world without money

money is not the problem.. its a monetary based society where everything revolves around the moving of numbers on a screen and profiting of interest. Money does make trading efficient but when the society becomes entirely based on attaining money rather than producing resources abundantly.. then there is a problem.

A world without money

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDoofus
    Money makes trading efficient and enriches our lives by saving time and money. Please don't blame the money for the incompetence and corruption of the politicians who are manipulating it. You really would not want to live in a world without money.
    This is more along the lines of what I expected.

Did you say "Money makes trading efficient and enriches our lives by saving ... money." Please tell me how this makes sense.

I don't blame money. But do not be fooled, corrupt leaders have been around a long time, and they are the ones who were constantly looking for ways to control the masses. Money did benefit society at first. But the nature of money is that it becomes the only thing worth attaining, and this is clearly not the way humans should live.
    You're bold hipster to tell me what I would not want to do. I desperately want to live in a world without money. You happen to be one of those people who just can't wrap their head around the idea. If you think politicians manipulate money, you're right, but I don't think you get it. The only politicians that manipulate money, are captains of industry who BECOME politicians in order to pass legislation to ultimately give them monetary gains. Your average Joe Senator, who isn't corrupt, basically has no say in politics whatsoever. In order for him to pass legislation his constituents would be satisfied with, he needs to do 'favors' for the strongarming politicians WITH MONEY.

This is not necessarily corrupt, in my opinion, because it's human nature. Humans are intensly affected by incentive, the problem is not the humans, it's the INCENTIVE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast