Quote Originally Posted by MDFinest
money is not the problem.. its a monetary based society where everything revolves around the moving of numbers on a screen and profiting of interest. Money does make trading efficient but when the society becomes entirely based on attaining money rather than producing resources abundantly.. then there is a problem.
I disagree. Money IS the problem. You can't have a world with money, but without profiteering. The two come hand in hand. As I stated above, human incentive is a powerful thing, and I would see us incentivized toward something for the greater good of our species instead of for profit. It is selfish and against our inherent social nature.

Abundance is something that you will never see in a monetary based economy. It's not profitable. Economics 101 teaches you that when resources are SCARCE, the demand goes up, and therefore they become more expensive. I've heard of a diamond mine that burns diamonds into carbon products because to flood the market with all the diamonds they find would drive the price down, and would therefore be bad for business.

Abundance is not profitable. Sustainability is not profitable. Happiness is not profitable.

It seems to me that PROFIT, is the problem.