Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1705 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

HOW TO BE AN ACTIVIST!!!!

I live in a state that doesnt have medical marijuana nor do they ever speak of it
    it seems like people want marijuana but doesnt know anything about petitions or even how there government works
    so this a thread for advice
    since i really dont know much about how to start a petition or even where to send it???
    cant seem to find much info on how to do this
    any comments will be much apreiciated
    growhand420 Reviewed by growhand420 on . HOW TO BE AN ACTIVIST!!!! I live in a state that doesnt have medical marijuana nor do they ever speak of it it seems like people want marijuana but doesnt know anything about petitions or even how there government works so this a thread for advice since i really dont know much about how to start a petition or even where to send it??? cant seem to find much info on how to do this any comments will be much apreiciated Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Bummer! But, there is plenty of hope!
    You may have to start the 'conversation' yourself. And hopefully, meet many like minded people. A few popular groups are:
    Americans for Safe Access
    Drug Policy Alliance
    Norml
    MPP
    The folowing, relatively new ones:
    MAPP
    Brownie Mary Club (an actual part of the Democratic or Republican Party)
    And so many other groups. Google their names. If there isn't a group near you, you CAN start one! :thumbsup: Just contact their main or local office. Please know, these are donation supported groups. As, most people with the time and health, that do not grow and are ABLE to be active, are. Growers, well, it isn't a very good idea to be, too public, but there are things you can do, to help organize, etc. Which is where support, comes in through donations. It would seem, to get and keep the right to grow, that medicinal or legalization issues need to be addressed, Federally, even in Washington State.

Being in the activist community, over the years, I have come to believe; talking directly to your own (and as many as possible) elected representatives, gets the dialogue started. Even locally, with city/town councils.

I moved last year, first thing I did was go meet my local representatives and ask them directly, what their position on mmj is. I am in a legal medical state (CA) and access is limited. All dispensaries and collectives near me, have been closed. And my representative's attitude is: 'People are Getting their medicine.'

It would seem; Our Federal Government will intervene, before more States take a stand for 'legalization.' As, with strict medicinal use, would continue to give the 'Feds' a toehold and a job:rambohead:. It is much easier to find and bust someone for pot, than other drugs...because of the smell. Many of the disp./collectives here were closed by the Feds contacting property owners and threatening 'seizure of property':cursing: if they continued to receive 'donations' for mmj.
    There may be a group in your state, already. Contact each group and start there! We need as many people that are able, to push the legislation through. :stoned: pr

Living in "My God It's Kansas" I understand exactly what you are talking about. I think the only way to get the laws changed is to inform the public of the benifits of legalizing marijuana, as most politicians have no original thoughts or backbones. For instance, the Southern Baptists still think cannabis is a gateway drug. But research shows that it actually can help people quit more harmful addicting substances such as opiates and tobbaco.
    Right now, the federal government is going through this "sequester". They don't want any more tax, nor do they want to cut spending. How about a new revenue stream. Legalize and tax Marijuana! And put every penny of the tax in Medicare and Medicade. This would alleviate the money issues for both the states and the Fed.....Whoops! fell off my soap box...............lol

thanks paintreat you are a great help for mmj community
    and the more the maryer the jane...lol
    sinse i am growing my last crop before going to get my bachelers degree
    i will wait until harvest to join norml!!!

Federal Measures Introduced to Legalize Marijuana and Regulate Its Sales (petition~link). Submitting this petition, is activism.:jointsmile:
    The more dialogue with our elected legislators, the sooner this will be, at the very least, legalized Federal Medicinal Use. With CO & WA, a few more states, I would expect the Feds to, at the very least, will allow Medicinal Use, in the Federal Eyes. Legalization, might be a bit of a stretch, at this point.

Districts that voted for legalization, here in CA, voted against having 'Access' in their districts.

Who knows, as slitherly points out: This nation is drowning in debt and a new frontier of Industrial Legalization of MMJ, would help. And put a few more workers, back in the work force.

On the Federal Level, Right Now, this is what is going on: Please sign and submit your desires to your representative: It doesn't get any easier than submitting your name and information. It will generate a 'confirmation': Click on this link~
    Federal Measures Introduced to Legalize Marijuana and Regulate Its Sales

I am not sure what the number count is, but we really need plenty of people to submit.
    I know, your apprehensive to send. I use to be. Just 'old school' thinking. We private patients and caregivers, need to step up and be counted.

I love this link: This guy is a Republican Representative, Blumenauer~he should be the next Pope! You may have to copy and paste this in your bing/google..
    :thumbsup:Blumenauer Calls for Rethinking Federal Marijuana Policy - YouTube

:thumbsup:http://blumenauer.house.gov/images/stories/2013/The_Path_Forward_Rethinking_Federal_Marijuana_Poli cy.pdf

The text of the PDF warrants a copy and give to your local legislators.

Whatever anyone can do to contribute, please do? :rasta: pr

Good Share man. keep it coming

thanks again paintreat this thread should help get the word out !!!
    but dont the feds want full control on the indestry wich would cost tax payers a pretty penny
    and i watch this a vid yesterday that explained that without debt there can be no money in cerculation
    so this would be a good reason why the government isnt putting a rush on this
    haha they say more research but we have enough to change the chemical composition of the plants thc ratios to make a strain that contains no thc just cbd
    and know there saying that its because of the kids so i can see why it wouldnt be a great idea for complete legalization (for know)
    but after its medical for a decade so kids dont rush and start habits (like tabbaco)
    and i know i cant realy compair it to tabacco sinse it isnt adictive to all but it is slightly addictive
    so this is really the only kink to work out for complete legalization

I have experience working in harm reduction drug treatment, and I can at least confirm from my own experience how useful cannabis is in stepping a person down from more harmful substances, whether by entirely substituting it, using it with something else to use less of the "something else", or mixing up their use to put some distance between uses of a more harmful substance. Sure they're still using drugs, but the associated criminality, risk of death or harm, and general obnoxiousness is much lessened.

I'm also in a state that can't seem to fund their social service and health programs despite it actually saving taxpayers money in both the short and long term. They're more than happy to increase gambling to half-assed increase revenue, but aghast at the idea of someone smoking some reefer somewhere.

remember me and my post I have an idea I will share later I will need a lot of people on my side .

Remember me. when I get to Colorado I start . I have a plan and am going to need you and a lot more like you .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast