Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1666 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

HOW TO BE AN ACTIVIST!!!!

Our worse bible thumpers here in cecil co maryland is Baptist & Pentecostal. Theyll party with you sat nite, go to sun morn service, confess to the congregation, & the pastor, deacons etc will be at your house sun afternoon between services to pray over you & save your soul from hell! They really get upset when I tell them Mother Earth is my Goddess, & when I die, I commend my soul back to Mother Earth. Blessed Be!
    ----Having been force feed the bible all my life, I think I understand it pretty well. (That's why I'm Wiccan ;-) I find it rather hypocritical that these churches are so against cannabis. Actually, I'm baffled by any cult, group or organization that teaches peace, love & tranquility, but yet are against marijuana. That's a contradiction in itself. When prohibition is replaced by legalization, I wonder if these churches will re-invent themselves? Maybe one of the best ways to be an activist, would be to start educating religious groups on the wonders of cannabis now! (I can just picture going into a Pentecostal church & 'testifying' on behalf of pot. All the members rushing forward to 'lay hands' on me to 'cast out demons)!
    ----I've signed hundreds of petitions for legalization, sent hundreds of letters to politicians, then posted them all on my facebook (now my relatives no longer talk to me, thank Goddess)! There are 2 politicians that I know from the days of my youth. One I went to H.S. with, the other was the boyfriend of a former boss back when he was only a local lawyer (H.S. friend, now delegate; lawyer now senator). The H.S. friend was a bit easy to convince legalization was a good thing. The lawyer a bit harder. My last argument with him, I told him him if he really wanted to know the pros & cons, just ask everyone he represents on pot charges what they really think about pot. What he came away with was this.... the only 'con' he could find, was that it put them in jail! (Sorry this is so long, almost finished). Now they both advocate legalization. I've also changed the minds of several regular citizens. If you know any cops personally, just ask them which they'd rather deal with, a belligerent drunk, or a peaceful old pothead. Most have told me violent crimes would be greatly reduced if pot was prescribed as part of anger management treatment! Yeah, go figure.
    --- I may not be in a position to contribute financially, but I bust my bumm to do all I can.

"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food." - genesis 1:29
    No one is trying to force anyone else to smoke and our smoking doesn't affect anyone else's life, so I don't see why anyone should care to keep it illegal unless they are concerned about their pockets or misinformed about the "drug" label. From my experience, at least in my area, everyone and their mom has smoked at least once if not regularly and the majority of those who haven't probably would if it were legal so they stand to make more money with legalization and taxation. Cutting off your nose to spite your face leaves you looking really stupid....

3.   Advertisements

And don't get me started on that gateway drug crap... I've never had the desire to experiment with other drugs but I could see how the fact that mj is illegal forces people who want to use it into situations where there is easy access to other true drugs. If people could go to a store where they sell only mj I don't believe they would leave there saying, "hey, let me go find some crack now." lol Maybe some people just like being f'd up and it's not mj's fault....

the gov is shut down but it will be back up in about 3 weeks this is just to get people to panic so they don't think about whats really going on which is to take more control the gov is basically saying that they don't have enough funding wich is true because are country is so stupid on how we separate are tax money throughout the states like each state gets so much money to 'give back to the community" like paving roads that don't need to be fixed so they don't get less money next year this way when taxes are raised there will not be any argument with the majority of the population but they will not legalize pot quickly because it a big industry with lots off money to be made so the gov will wait until they have control over a little part of every dollar to be made that's why it didn't go legal in California before calorado and washington

two words

Civil Disobedience

It is wrong to obey an unjust law

Great Idea. I have been recently thinking about what it would take to write a bill for the legalization of marijuana on a federal level and sending copies to every member of congress asking for support. I mean there must be a few that would support it. If it were submitted by it'self I think it would fail. However if submitted as a rider on a very popular bill it would pass into law with all the other riders when the main bill passes. The bill would need to be written in legaleze. I am not a lawyer. A tax infrastructure like the one in Colorado would need to be included along with where the money must be spent. Fixing infrastructure, funding social security so that it is not spent on war. Do we have a lawyer here that would collaborate on such a noble issue?

Hey! 777 that's one hell of an idea! Don't let it die here. Keep it rolling! BTW... Love your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    two words

Civil Disobedience

It is wrong to obey an unjust law
    I LOVE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    the gov is shut down but it will be back up in about 3 weeks this is just to get people to panic so they don't think about whats really going on which is to take more control the gov is basically saying that they don't have enough funding wich is true because are country is so stupid on how we separate are tax money throughout the states like each state gets so much money to 'give back to the community" like paving roads that don't need to be fixed so they don't get less money next year this way when taxes are raised there will not be any argument with the majority of the population but they will not legalize pot quickly because it a big industry with lots off money to be made so the gov will wait until they have control over a little part of every dollar to be made that's why it didn't go legal in California before calorado and washington
    Growhand, our county did that very thing! The resurfaced our little back road & put it on so thick, we had to move the mailboxes out a little so the mail carrier could get to it, & now the horse haulers hit them all the time! Shaffer was gov & trying to reallocate our county tax money to build the new stadium in Baltimore, & that's how our county said "HELL NO!" The system CAN be played, for what ever reason.

Just read that California had to rename highway 420, changed it to 419.999. Could not keep highway signs up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast