Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1627 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

HOW TO BE AN ACTIVIST!!!!

whats your idea million stoner march well it would more like a walk lol but still let us here your plan and I will see what I can do because I have a few connections down there.

2.   Advertisements

Me too and I get nervous because I work in the health field and know MANY patients who use green medicine to help pain stress anxiety but dont tell people. I would love to help get the state of NC on track. I have had patients who complain about this problem with getting this green medicine legal.

I hear everyone's pain. I too have been doing tremendous research on this subject state to state and seeing some pretty interesting results.

So my questions are these and I would love to hear as many different sides of it as possible.

1. how are we educating our medical communities effectively? The medical communities are often the most ignorant of the benefits of cannibis due to years of brain washing. There are many that aren't against it - but are scared to be public about it. What are some ways to get in front of the medical doctors and have them start accepting it, working with it and then actually finding out just how far this plant can take us- because I gaurantee you we haven't seen the best this plant has to offer healthwise yet!

2. what can we do about the faction of this current underground industry that does not want legalization? You know those politicians and huge producers who have a lot to lose on the legalization? Where I am from the very largest growers - not from around these here parts, seem to have the entire county sherrif's office support - or blind eye...and these people are not nice.... I usually have a lot of rebel in me- seeing them put a lot of fear in me.

3.What are some ways to reach out to people in the communty - patients and growers to start 'co-ops', encouraging people to know where thier weed comes from - caring about how it is grown, what chemicals are being used, thinking of it the same as they do food - how do we know it is 'clean'? In my experience, in a state run by the bible belters - yes they are thumpers too, it is very risky to speak out. Not only is this against the law and they can keep you for extended stays in the nice little hotel down the road - but in some counties through out the south especially...we are looking at not knowing who is the one to watch out for if you know what I mean.

Any and all conversation on this is wanted- I would love to start something here - but I ran up on that big growers field about a year ago by accident - in the winter, no plants and still limped away with a devastating injury from thier booby trap. And have since found out that there are as many arms as plants being moved.....this makes activism seem very unreal. Please advise....

I too hear what you say, it's keeping me alive, but to talk about it out loud would be a death sentence.

Did run into an option that is making me think. Was at a talent show in my area(grandson 13, plays grateful dead stuff really good). Local tv guy wants to make his name, by doing a reality weed show. He claims anonymity, but I question if those masked guys, garner much support. But someone told him of my survivors club and he thinks that's an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    I hear everyone's pain. I too have been doing tremendous research on this subject state to state and seeing some pretty interesting results.

So my questions are these and I would love to hear as many different sides of it as possible.

1. how are we educating our medical communities effectively? The medical communities are often the most ignorant of the benefits of cannibis due to years of brain washing. There are many that aren't against it - but are scared to be public about it. What are some ways to get in front of the medical doctors and have them start accepting it, working with it and then actually finding out just how far this plant can take us- because I gaurantee you we haven't seen the best this plant has to offer healthwise yet!

2. what can we do about the faction of this current underground industry that does not want legalization? You know those politicians and huge producers who have a lot to lose on the legalization? Where I am from the very largest growers - not from around these here parts, seem to have the entire county sherrif's office support - or blind eye...and these people are not nice.... I usually have a lot of rebel in me- seeing them put a lot of fear in me.

3.What are some ways to reach out to people in the communty - patients and growers to start 'co-ops', encouraging people to know where thier weed comes from - caring about how it is grown, what chemicals are being used, thinking of it the same as they do food - how do we know it is 'clean'? In my experience, in a state run by the bible belters - yes they are thumpers too, it is very risky to speak out. Not only is this against the law and they can keep you for extended stays in the nice little hotel down the road - but in some counties through out the south especially...we are looking at not knowing who is the one to watch out for if you know what I mean.

Any and all conversation on this is wanted- I would love to start something here - but I ran up on that big growers field about a year ago by accident - in the winter, no plants and still limped away with a devastating injury from thier booby trap. And have since found out that there are as many arms as plants being moved.....this makes activism seem very unreal. Please advise....
    Unfortunately, the armed guards & booby traps is still what comes to mind for many when they think about growers, ESPECIALLY in the minds of bible thumpers. 'Oh my! We're all going to hell & we're taking the children with us'!!!! Hummmm... narrow mindedness, brains in a vacuum, tiny little minds with little shrunken brain cells. Now how do we deal with that shit? Just asking.....or ranting, which ever

I really think legalization on a larger scale will happen in the next few years. It's all about money and when these "powers that be" see how much is out there to be made on bud and that the sky doesn't fall when Colorado and Washington start selling it legally, they're gonna jump on board. At least I pray that's what happens lol

I think they've been seeing the possibilities for a while, but since they've just proven how childish they are its more a thing of pride for them (gov). They would have to admit they were wrong, & we know that would take maturity But for now, the wheels of progress are turning, & soon they will have to give in to the will of the people or loose their positions. Now we know they're too self centered to let that happen, so yeah, I think you're right. Just a few more years. So how many more times do we get to watch grown men have temper tantrums in front of the whole country before prohibition comes to an end? Sorry. I just can't get past the behaviour that led to the whole gov shutting down. I could go on, but then I'd just be ranting.

I think part of the problem with prohibition and the drug war is that there are certain factions of the US Goverment that proffit off of the way things are today.
    When Co. and Washington started to legalize and actually win the drug war by legalizing and taking away the commodity value of cannibis to the black market- they just moved somewhere where it isn't legal yet( here).
    Look at the amount of money spent on the drug war, that money HAS GOT to go somewhere. There are now drug lord king pins in court who are saying that the entire blackmarket industry is orchestrated by our own goverment. I saw a video that showed where opium was being shipped in from vietnam and Afghanastan in coffins od dead US soldiers and that the Goverment knows about this.
    Soooo today there are 2 states, 2 full countries and the UN has a plan to stop the international drug war by 2016 by legalizing most drugs on the international level. All of these are ways to STOP the drug war by taking the commodity value away from cannibis. As American Politicians continue to piss of the world we see a trend to end the drug wars- the issue there is that our economy depends much more o the illegal drug trade than on other commodities ( I believe) and we may see some back lash there.
    My opinion- I could also rant for hours- I am not nessasarily into conspirosy and plots- but hey, follow the dollar, who is proffiting from this?
    Our country has the lowest percentage of population in the world, yet we have the highest prison rate- you tell me....

Oh yeah..... God loves my typos- he thinks they add character to my writing....

@ CAtubuds- on the biblebelters- oh shit - run,run,run....I think I see a nun....is not as common here as having a good drunk on saturday night with your fellow baptist neighbor only to be condemned the next day as the vile that caused them to sin the nite before on Sunday....
    The bible belters are still strong, however in certain areas we are seeing less 'locals' - like Nashville, Atlanta, Ashville, Baton Rouge, Huntsville and other larger metropolitatn areas due to influx of people brought from other areas for jobs. Those individuals are bringing thier values with em! Unfortunately ( some believe) the largest influx has been arabs - and yes, they are also slinging thier values - they could care less about cannibis- just don't show your hair or drink alcohol...
    I also happened to 'bump' into a young mexican man getting gas last week with duct tape on his shoes and an arabic tattoo on his neck......yes the man spoke spanish- not arab...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast