Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1322 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Light movers

Tried to search, but couldn't find the answer.

How many watts does an average light mover use?

Real world example, if somebody were to use (2) 600 watt bulbs with 2 movers with 2 motors, would that take more or less energy than just adding in another XXX watt bulb?

People say you can add 25% to your yield without increasing wattage. On a 600watt bulb then, you'd need to add 30% total yield, and only use about 30watts or 5% extra energy for the mover.
    seattlegreens Reviewed by seattlegreens on . Light movers Tried to search, but couldn't find the answer. How many watts does an average light mover use? Real world example, if somebody were to use (2) 600 watt bulbs with 2 movers with 2 motors, would that take more or less energy than just adding in another XXX watt bulb? People say you can add 25% to your yield without increasing wattage. On a 600watt bulb then, you'd need to add 30% total yield, and only use about 30watts or 5% extra energy for the mover. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Light movers

Looks like the LR3 units use less than 10w.
    Seems even with a 10% increase in yield, that would make it worth the investment.

Light movers

ive heard that LightRail uses about the same amount of electricity as a night light -very little like 5 watts

Light movers

I like light rails. Mines from 1988 & still works like new. I always use fluorescent side lighting & find by doing that I can get some pretty good yield per plant in a 4X8' grow with a 400 watt HPS. I do go heavy on the side lighting, 2 4' double tube fixtures on each side for a total of 8 T5's. Not a lot of wattage for the yield. Wont be able to do that again for a few years. Renovating house, so for now indoors will be the camper closet grow; T5's, CFL'S & maybe a few LED's. The light rail is a damned good investment. It does the work of throwing in an extra light for a LOT LESS money! ~~~ PEACE! ~~~