Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1663 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Things the US Congress needs to get off their ass and do.

1). gut the controlled substance act. it is unconstitutional. you guys write legislation, not the executive branch. :stoned: own up to your responsibility. the csa is just a convenient cop out for you guys to avoid the whole cannabis debate.

2). audit and tax your bankster owners. a .0006 tax rate on the federal reserve banks income would double out national income tax revenue and allow all the rest of us to not pay any federal income tax at all. no payroll deductions, no tax forms and all that bs. I love that idea!! but thats going to be tuff slog to ever get thru our crooked congress. another idea I really like is retroactive impeachments for all congressmen who do not follow the constitution as they pledged to do in their oath. throw out all 'em and start over again. wishfull thinking anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby
    While we're at it, let's add a tax equal to 1 tenth of 1% on all stock transactions. We could raise $50 - $100 billion / year this way. And everyone's pet peeve, let's audit the Fed AND the pentagon. Did you know that the pentagon does not have a functioning audit system? @ $688 billion / year they should be able to tell us where the $$ is spent, except they can't.
    :greenthumb:

this a start, do at least this or expect your ass to be booted next election, Congress. :twocents:
    boaz Reviewed by boaz on . Things the US Congress needs to get off their ass and do. 1). gut the controlled substance act. it is unconstitutional. you guys write legislation, not the executive branch. :stoned: own up to your responsibility. the csa is just a convenient cop out for you guys to avoid the whole cannabis debate. 2). audit and tax your bankster owners. a .0006 tax rate on the federal reserve banks income would double out national income tax revenue and allow all the rest of us to not pay any federal income tax at all. no payroll deductions, no tax Rating: 5
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

2.   Advertisements

good ideas. start a petition at the whitehouse site. while youre at it put one in to reduce all of congress' pay to 1950's levels and reduce their staff and budgets by half and we could lower taxes(youll never get them to go away completely) on everyone and eliminate the national deficit. and since we are trying to do the impossible put one in to require them to replace fossil fuels with a sustainable/renewable source(there is one, we all love it and it dont have to be biodiesel) and eliminate the electoral college in favor of popular vote.....and get rid of the current and arcane 2 party system........

I'm with you on all the above except for the electoral college. I believe that would require a Constitutional amendment. Since more that one quarter of the States would have to volunteer to give up some of their Constitutional authority, then I contend it is mathematically impossible to ever change that. :twocents:

I'm not sure how we get past the two party monopoly problem, but, I agree, we need to. The current two party system is a joke that is corrupted beyond repair. :twocents:

the market should produce the best new energy source if it weren't rigged by big oil. as long as there is oil in the ground the next big thing will always be 'years away'. best we can do is get off the grid and make our own energy and cut off their addiction to our money.
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

thank you, btw. I also like the idea of cutting spending back to 1950's level. :greenthumb: and congress needs to address the insane tax breaks they give to big oil. :wtf: maybe way in the previous century that made sense but its obsolete to say the least. but, a vote on something like could cost votes or big oil funding, so I don't imagine we'll see this come up on floor anytime soon.
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

unfortunately the 2 party system goes hand in hand with the electoral college. you cant have one with out the other really. thats why even though there is an "independent" option no one can ever win as independent since the electorate only allows for votes from either democratic or republican parties. there would have to be a major shift in politicians to even start that change. and yes it would take a constitutional amendment from a majority to change the electoral college...never gonna happen.

yeah, that is true, it does make it really hard for a 'third' party to win enough of the State electoral votes. the whole presidential election show is so rigged. I think there are what 2 Independent senators and maybe one congressman. :wtf: if dumping the electoral college could break that monopoly then I'm all for it. but, yeah, aint' gonna happen ever.
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

the independent option is a sham was intended to be nothing less. the only reason its allowed at all is so that one side or the other can use it dilute votes for the opposition. its a disgrace really. they spend more time and money on elections 4 years away then they do on getting our country and its people back on track. our money is worthless, we produce nothing worth mentioning except debt, we send our money and our jobs overseas and what we cant send out dont pay enough to survive on unless you live outside of the system and that includes natural born citizens not just illegal immigrants. they are so busy investing in the rest of the world they have forgotten they need to reinvest in our country and our people....gah ok enough of that i can feel my blood pressure goin up.