Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1442 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Help with my vaporizer....

I have this vaporizer from VaporBrothers:

I'm VERY new to the vaporizer world, so you're going to have to bare with me as I'm surely going to use the wrong terminology and probably ask the most basic of questions... but I need some guidance.

So I turn the temperature all the way up to let the device heat up, and then once ready to smoke, turn the heat down a bit (usually to just over the halfway point). I get really great hits off of it for like, a good hour, but then it seems to start tapering off and I'm hardly getting anything at all out of it. I turn the heat up higher to see if it will make more vapors by doing that, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I like to just have the vap on and ready while I'm watching tv at night, so that will usually last about 3-4 hours... After taking my first few big hits, I'll take another every 15 minutes or so. Am I supposed to be turning the heat off in between hits? When I empty it out afterwards, I can usually still see a lot of green on the bud.

I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials and read up on how to use the Vap, but I still can't help but feel like I'm not using it at it's full potential. Anyone have any advice?

I'm new to this community... so be nice, please! haha

Thanks!
    -Jackie
    milwaukee88 Reviewed by milwaukee88 on . Help with my vaporizer.... I have this vaporizer from VaporBrothers: http://i45.tinypic.com/b5muep.jpg I'm VERY new to the vaporizer world, so you're going to have to bare with me as I'm surely going to use the wrong terminology and probably ask the most basic of questions... but I need some guidance. So I turn the temperature all the way up to let the device heat up, and then once ready to smoke, turn the heat down a bit (usually to just over the halfway point). I get really great hits off of it for like, a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

dont worry this community is pretty nice but i heard that people just keep it on a certain temperature to get an effective burn and instead of making enough for a hit or 2 how about either putting in less for a hit at a time or you can get a bigger bag for a marathon smoke and if your worrie because you see more green on it run it through again wouldnt hurt i have personaly only used a vaporizor twice and it was the homemade lightbulb one

Ha haaaa Never met a stoner who was mean! The problem with that particular vape is there is no exact temperature control. I got an ExtremeQ and we've been playin with it. It has a digital temp control and stays within 2 degrees of setpoint. AK likes about 366F and it varies to get the best possible taste by as much as 10-15 degreesF from there for others strains. Unless you've got an absolutely huge "bowl" on that thing there is no way it's gonna last an hour! We put maybe .25Gr in ours and get about 4 good bags and it's done. When it starts to get a kinda burnt popcorn taste to it, it's done. Bottom line is you will never really know what temp your vaping at with that one. Upgrade is my recomendation! Or roll with what ya got! If its working for you, it ain't broke!

Thanks for the responses.

I'm a part of a few other message board communities and had bad experiences being the noob there, so I guess I always come in with my guard up. haha Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee88
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm a part of a few other message board communities and had bad experiences being the noob there, so I guess I always come in with my guard up. haha Sorry about that.
    Sure hope you have a better experience here.

Without a digital meter for temp, you will need to experiment. I have used one, similar and the owner had it set at high noon, 12 o'clock. After vaping, at that setting, it was removed and the temp moved up a little and re-vaped. If I don't turn it brown, while vaping..I then use the bud for brownies...and get more relief with those.

Play with it. You'll discover the proper temp (and strain) for your needs. The temp that works well for one, may not be the same for you. :rasta: pr