Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1677 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wood smoked food hot and cold methods

Hey guys. Wondering if anybody smokes their own food? My best item would be smoked cheddar cheese hickory chips and smoke the cheese for 2 hours then cured for 2 weeks in the fridge, best cheese you will ever eat. Haven't mastered jerky yet. I personally love mine bone dry, that can sit on ur dash board for a week lol.
    Potters Reviewed by Potters on . Wood smoked food hot and cold methods Hey guys. Wondering if anybody smokes their own food? My best item would be smoked cheddar cheese hickory chips and smoke the cheese for 2 hours then cured for 2 weeks in the fridge, best cheese you will ever eat. Haven't mastered jerky yet. I personally love mine bone dry, that can sit on ur dash board for a week lol. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Ahhhhh...I want to get the Bayou Smoker grill from Lowes. That bad boy is $699 and cooks, smokes and does Brick Oven Pizza. Smokers Paradise.

=Oklahoma%20Joe%20Smoker&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=6] =Oklahoma%20Joe%20Smoker&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=2]

I've had one like this one, I brought home from Texas. I stick to cooking meats..mostly ribs, brisket and any kind of beef. pr

Attachment 289307Attachment 289307Nice fellas. yea I hot smoke my stuff in a big chief. my grill has an option for a smoker on the side. Here's a picture of last summer grilling. It uploaded twice 2 lazy to fix it. It's propane on the left and charcoal on the right porcelain grates. if I boughtThe additional smoker piece it would be on the right of the charcoal grill

Nice mate looking good. And yea I'm from texas as well nothing beats some brisket. I make some fine deer jerky

we have an old-fashioned smoker & just bought a propane box smoker.

the propane one is surprisingly good - we've made ribs & a brisket so far.

Nice. Haven't had the chance for other meats myself. aren't those like a 24 hour 2 day long type of smoking deal?

ribs take 6 to 8 hours - we did a 20 pound beef brisket - it took over 20 hours in the smoker, plus 4 or 5 wrapped in towels in a cooler to finish it off

Quote Originally Posted by cannabis-seeds
    ribs take 6 to 8 hours - we did a 20 pound beef brisket - it took over 20 hours in the smoker, plus 4 or 5 wrapped in towels in a cooler to finish it off
    I am no pro here, by any means; but after 8 hours smokin'; why or 'can' you even wait another 4 or 5 hours in a cooler???
    Generally, I rub/marinate mine overnight in beer, then pre-cook in a low heat oven for 8 hours and then on the smoker another 7-8 hours. I have never been brave enough to smoke a turkey though, I've heard horror stories!

I see 32yrsltr is taking a little vacation. Guess I should have warned him, toast doesn't seem to use a good sativa, it isn't a very good idea to get stoned and 'deliberately' make a post with toast in it (not even with jelly on it) (lol--was rather funny, as I was using Pineapple when I read it). I thought the post was funny and he was stoned!

In Euless, Tx; there was a pro 'smoker' that did awesome feeds at his buffet in a VFW place, on Friday and Saturday evenings. Awesome variety and always great. Sure missed it, when my Mother moved to Calif and left Euless.

I've been looking at those propane ones? My smoker, the lid is really heavy, after a day of smokin'. Not to mention how difficult it is to keep the temp constant, in the winter. I'll have to take a more serious look at those propane ones...Thanks for the info.
    :smokinstill pineapple'd) pr

I was wondering what happened to him thanks, we were talking in some thread then I swear the whole thing dissapears..felt like I was trippin
    What do you marinate overnight in beer? I've tried this with sausage,quite good
    I smoke my turkey a minumum of 24 hrs but so is the treatment for all meat. As long as the temp doesn't go above 200 it will stay as moist as the day we killed it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast