Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1572 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wood smoked food hot and cold methods

the ribs are just 6 to 8 hours

the brisket - you wrap them up in several towels & place them in a cooler to keep in the heat as a last step
    it lets the juices settle & circulate - the brisket ends up being very moist & fall apart tender - great if you like a pulled BBQ
    probably not a good idea if you like a sliced brisket

2.   Advertisements

I just threw 3 racks of babybacks and a Pork butt on the Smoker. My other favorite thing to do is BBQ for my family.

I love BBQing even in the winter, melts a nice hole in the snow around the smokey joe! My wife insists on having a BBQ bday party for my dog every year, which is in the winter. It's worth it when I can go in and watch football with tailgating food at home on the grill with friends and some friendly fatties passed.

I run an Offset stickburner, or on occasion the old Weber Kettle. It's surprising how well a Weber works for smoking if you use it correctly. Yep....Love me some good BBQ! I love the whole process. The Rub, the cooker, all the meat babysitting and Bonghit's that go with it. :smokin:
    I usually run ribs, brisket and BBQ "Fatties"....I will tell you about those sometime if you want d00g, nothing like Bacon wrapped ground pork stuffed with cheese and pepper's smoked for a couple hour's.. :thumbsup:

Yea nothing beats a good smoked BBQ

I usually do salmon, chicken, strip steaks & tons of peppers (from the garden) to make homemade chipotle for later usage

smoke some weed! :smokin:

Friend brought a buddy To one of my bonfires. He was so taken by my homemade cooker that he took a picture, and sent it to pitmasters, they dubbed it hillbilly bbq, very stationary. County sheriff(hide in plain sight) said it looks like a big ass still. But works good, have used it to cook meat for a couple of large weddings. Take the meat to them!!

You guys have made me hungry!! :joint1::eat::eat::smokebong::S5:

Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    I nothing like Bacon wrapped ground pork stuffed with cheese and pepper's smoked for a couple hour's.. :thumbsup:
    Boy, love a good bacon bomb!!

Anyone do the whole hog spit roast? I have a good friend that owns a very nice, open, and airy summer home in woodsy New Hampshire and we (along with 20-30 other people) head up there for a couple nights and blast fireworks and M-80's, light a couple large bonfires or combine them for one MASSIVE fire, share several HAPPY kegs with friendly people, then everyone shares their own grown, or locally purchased, head stash. It's pretty much the highlight of the summer (depending on beach weather).

Doog, every time I'm in NC the in-laws head for the butcher shop and get a small piggy. Takes a while but sure is good!!

I have never done a whole Piggie, but that's an interesting thought. I have the Cooker space, but I'm not sure I have enough hungry mouths!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast