Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1348 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

INDICA SATIVA BUT WHAT ABOUT RUDERALIS

i know indica is a body stone and sativa is a head high but i dont here much about ruderalis anyone know?
    growhand420 Reviewed by growhand420 on . INDICA SATIVA BUT WHAT ABOUT RUDERALIS i know indica is a body stone and sativa is a head high but i dont here much about ruderalis anyone know? Rating: 5
    THE MORE YOU GROW THE MORE YOU WILL KNOW AND THE MORE YOU SHARE THE MORE YOU CARE!!!!:smokin::thumbsup::thumbsup::smokin:

2.   Advertisements

ruderalis by itself is pretty useless mostly. its very low in thc. but it is good for breeding in that it flowers based on age(autoflower) not lightcycle and it is higher in the compounds used for medical mj.

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    i know indica is a body stone and sativa is a head high but i dont here much about ruderalis anyone know?
    Cannabis ruderalis is a putative species of Cannabis originating in central Russia. It flowers earlier than C. indica or C. sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Cannabis ruderalis will produce flowers based on its age, rather than changes in light cycle like C. sativa and C. indica varieties.[1] This kind of flowering is also known as auto-flowering.[2]
    reeding Potential

Cannabis ruderalis has a lower THC content than either C. sativa or C. indica; thus, it has little recreational use. However, C. indica strains are frequently cross-bred with C. ruderalis to produce plants combining a higher THC content with the hardiness and reduced height of ruderalis.[5] These hybrids are known as autoflowering strains. DJ Short, creator of the Blueberry strain of cannabis, believes that the C. ruderalis used in autoflowering cannabis does not originate from Asia or Russia but from wild hemp patches in the Midwestern U.S.[6]

Though low in THC and other cannabinoids, C. ruderalis's early and short flowering period appeal to breeders, and it is reputed to have a greater resistance to insect and disease pressures.[citation needed] The shorter stature of C. ruderalis limits its application for hemp varieties.[citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    Cannabis ruderalis is a putative species of Cannabis originating in central Russia. It flowers earlier than C. indica or C. sativa, does not grow as tall, and can withstand much harsher climates than either of them. Cannabis ruderalis will produce flowers based on its age, rather than changes in light cycle like C. sativa and C. indica varieties.This kind of flowering is also known as auto-flowering.
    reeding Potential

Cannabis ruderalis has a lower THC content than either C. sativa or C. indica; thus, it has little recreational use. However, C. indica strains are frequently cross-bred with C. ruderalis to produce plants combining a higher THC content with the hardiness and reduced height of ruderalis.These hybrids are known as autoflowering strains. DJ Short, creator of the Blueberry strain of cannabis, believes that the C. ruderalis used in autoflowering cannabis does not originate from Asia or Russia but from wild hemp patches in the Midwestern U.S.

Though low in THC and other cannabinoids, C. ruderalis's early and short flowering period appeal to breeders, and it is reputed to have a greater resistance to insect and disease pressures. The shorter stature of C. ruderalis limits its application for hemp varieties.

this helps a lot because my first plant was a ruderalis the high was very short but could not place what kind of high it wasthe low thc explains it perfectly and it being an autoflowering strain explains why it was ready for harvest 2 weeks before the other one i grew witch looks like an indica the only reason i knew it was a ruderalis was its leafs it never went past 5 point leafs thought it was strange at the time but i knew almost nothing about cannabis :thumbsup:
    THE MORE YOU GROW THE MORE YOU WILL KNOW AND THE MORE YOU SHARE THE MORE YOU CARE!!!!:smokin::thumbsup::thumbsup::smokin:

Ruderalis is basically only good for making HYBRIDS with Sativa or Indica strains because Ruderalis characteristics is as follows: VERY low in THC; Very low in cannabinoids (THE THINGS THAT GET YOU HIGH)

So yea, when ruderalis is bred with a good strain (high enough in THC to make up for the lack of in the ruderalis), it creates a strain that flowers based on its age, rather than light cycles (autoflowering) i.g. Lowrider strain