Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1705 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

87-year-old Denver man busted for growing â??forest of marijuana plantsâ??

:thumbsup:This guy has to be a pot God!:jointsmile: (8/10/12)..hope the new legalization in CO helped him. pr

87-year-old Denver man busted for growing
    Octogenarian had more than 400 marijuana plants on the premises. Claims heâ??s legally allowed to grow and distribute them for medical purposes.

[align=left]
    Read more: 87-year-old Denver man busted for growing
    An 87-year-old man was arrested Friday for growing more than 400 marijuana plants in the backyard of his Denver home.
    Edward Bogunovich reportedly grew so many pounds of the leaves that police described his property as a "forest of marijuana plants," KUSA-TV reported.
    The elderly farmer now faces charges of possession with intent to distribute marijuana-more than 100 pounds, cultivation of marijuana-more than 30 plants and possession of marijuana-more than 12 ounces.
    But Bogunovich says the possession and cultivation was perfectly legal since he and three other members of his family have state medical marijuana documents that allow them to grow and distribute the plant.
    "I was a care taker for 24 people for the last year or two," Bogunovich told KUSA. "We did nothing wrong. I wouldn't be stupid not to be legal after doing this for four years."

Edward Bogunovich reportedly grew so many pounds of the leaves that police described his property as a â??forest of marijuana plants.â??

Medical marijuana use is permissible in Colorado, but patients cannot use "more than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition," according to Article 18, Section 14 of the Colorado Constitution.
    Section 14 also stipulates that a patient can have "no more than two ounces of the usable form of marijuana" and "no more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a useable form of marijuana."
    The Denver District Attorney's Office says that Bogunovich was growing significantly more than "he was allowed for medical cultivation."
    Bogunovich is legally allowed to possess 231 marijuana plants, according to the arrest affidavit.

CNN

Medical marijuana use is permissible in Colorado.

Authorities say they discovered 183 more plants than what Bogunovich is legally allowed to possess.
    The elderly man also allegedly possessed tools and materials, like scales, packaging materials and a vacuum sealer, that indicate distribution and cultivation "for more than personal and provider use."
    This is not Bogunovich's first run-in with the law.

Investigators said they found nearly 500 plants behind Bogunovich's home.

He's been arrested for dangerous drug possession on four different instances, KUSA reported. He's also been charged with damage to property and possession of marijuana.
    Bogunovich has been released from the Denver Detention Center on a $10,000 bond since his arrest.
    He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 16.
    [email protected]
    [align=left]
    Read more: 87-year-old Denver man busted for growing
    [/align]
    [/align]
    painretreat Reviewed by painretreat on . 87-year-old Denver man busted for growing â??forest of marijuana plantsâ?? :thumbsup:This guy ;)has to be a pot God!:jointsmile: (8/10/12)..hope the new legalization in CO helped him. pr 87-year-old Denver man busted for growing Octogenarian had more than 400 marijuana plants on the premises. Claims heâ??s legally allowed to grow and distribute them for medical purposes. Read more: 87-year-old Denver man busted for growing An 87-year-old man was arrested Friday for growing more than 400 marijuana plants in the backyard of his Denver home. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The world is a crazy place with crazy rules....Am i free.......Is this called democracy......there is a gang of ppl who are trying to rule us.Just cant stand politics,government and this kinda moron worldly existence of fake ppl who are trying to destry our planet.

I like how our constitution (bill of rights) says we have the right to a speedy trial and that (if I read things accurately) the post is from January and the guy's court date is not until AUGUST. Yep, speedy there!

I can understand to some extent that he's overdoing it, but... if it's outdoor growing, he's doing all his growing during the growing months instead of inside during the winter! I'd allow him the additional plants with that being the case, personally. But, I'm not the government obviously!

allowed 231 but was 183 over? ...picky!..picky!... picky!

EDIT: actuality the feds do the same thing with tobacco plants

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy
    I like how our constitution (bill of rights) says we have the right to a speedy trial and that (if I read things accurately) the post is from January and the guy's court date is not until AUGUST. Yep, speedy there!!
    That actually is pretty speedy. Places that don't have those kinds of guards could be in prison for years before ever seeing hope of a trial.

well at least he was able to bond out, he might not be in any hurry for the trial.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

hello. as amusing as the blue brotherhood fear mongering is... this brought to mind a marvelous image- an actual 'FOREST OF Marijuana PLANTS', extending across the Colorado plains...perhaps some day:smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by rollzone
    hello. as amusing as the blue brotherhood fear mongering is... this brought to mind a marvelous image- an actual 'FOREST OF Marijuana PLANTS', extending across the Colorado plains...perhaps some day:smokin:
    :jointsmile: i'll do my part for this forest..
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]