Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

how close is too close? sog question

Someone told me 4 per sqft well what would be the outcome if flowered from seed and more like 8 to 10 per. This is my first indoor grow and I wanted as many as possible. Also I have 10,000 lumens per sqft is this enough to get through
    qwisoking Reviewed by qwisoking on . how close is too close? sog question Someone told me 4 per sqft well what would be the outcome if flowered from seed and more like 8 to 10 per. This is my first indoor grow and I wanted as many as possible. Also I have 10,000 lumens per sqft is this enough to get through Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

This is a case where more is less.
    Planted too close , they will read reflected far red from each other and stretch quite a bit.
    For sea of green you will only get one, small buds per plant.
    the closer you pack them, the scawnier they get.

And then there's plant count.
    I am a legal medical grower, so I can have only have 6 plants in flower at any one time.
    So, I grow big.

Illegal grows have to worry about plant count too.
    More plants, no matter how small, catch stiffer penalties.
    And, more than 99 plants will get federal attention regardless of medical status.

I suggest that you consider SCROG
    One plant, properly fimmed can fill an entire screen with big buds.

However, if you really need to SOG big, seek out and talk to oldmac,
    He's our SOG wizard.

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard

Well shucks I sure hope your wrong, judging by your post count probly not though. But thanks for explaining why and not just sayin it won't turn out good

Tell us more about the hydro setup and how you plan on a sea of green working out.
    just say you run flood tables, one for each stage of the sea. you have to have one for each stage to feed and flush for that stage of flower. you will also need to coordinate this with your veg and mother room. maybe an auto flower strain that you only expect 1/4 to 1/2 from.

I would say as many 6x6 inch rockwool or other grow block that you can fit n the table. one stem one bud. I have seen a cousin do 50 in a tray at 1/4 each but not a see of green more a one time gorrilla grow and run.
    As said the numbers you need steps up the game with the feds.

Guess I will update this. I started flowering a week ago no signs of sex just yet...

And no hydro, I've done outdoor grows with dirt and figured I would go dirt my first time indoors to get the feel of things. I'm definately going hydro next time though.

Well here's my whole plan. I germinate every 2 weeks. I know I know ill do cuttings eventually. Then I veg for about 2 weeks and Put them with the other flowering ladies, hopefully it will work like clockwork and I will harvest every month.

For the life of me I can't put up pics, but are you suggesting that this may only be possible with hydro. What do you think of my pla? If you have other suggestions I'm open. I just need atleast 4ozs per week of smoke. I figured a sog might be best?