Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1687 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Warning about "Biosolids" aka Human Shit.

I'm sure most of you already know, but for those that don't, "Biosolids" that are sometimes sold in compost mixes is a euphemism for "treated sewage sludge". Not good for using to grow your cannabis with at all.
    Leonardo de Garden Reviewed by Leonardo de Garden on . Warning about "Biosolids" aka Human Shit. I'm sure most of you already know, but for those that don't, "Biosolids" that are sometimes sold in compost mixes is a euphemism for "treated sewage sludge". Not good for using to grow your cannabis with at all. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The following are mixes reported to contain sewage based biosolids. If you know of others, or if any on this list have changed their tune, please let me know and I will remove them.

Agresoil
    Bay State Fertilizer
    Chesapeake Sunshine
    CompostT
    ComPro
    Dillo Dirt
    EarthBlends
    Earthlife
    EarthMate
    EKO Compost
    Glacier Gold
    GroCo
    Growers' Blend
    Hou-Actinite
    Kellogg Nitrohumus, Gromulch, Amend and Topper Los Angeles, CA)
    Landscapers' Advantage
    MetroGro
    Milorganite
    Mine Mix
    N-Viro BioBlend
    N-Viro Soil
    Nutri-Green
    Oceangro
    ORGRO
    SilviGrow
    SoundGro
    Synagro
    TAGRO
    TOPGRO
    Unity Fertilizer
    WeCare Compost

Not growing in human shit, you would think that would go without saying, but I have heard of people doing it.

I care how much you cook it, I would not put my food or herbs in it. human crap is human crap. You find prescription meds in your drinking water, what about their soil?

Quote Originally Posted by Max27
    Not growing in human shit, you would think that would go without saying, but I have heard of people doing it.

I care how much you cook it, I would not put my food or herbs in it. human crap is human crap. You find prescription meds in your drinking water, what about their soil?
    Anytime you have human shit, and something else, and the something else is worse, that's a hint right there.

Local town's treatment plant filed with solids, biggest local dairy was contacted, they jumped at the chance. Load after load after load. I still refuse to go down stream of this farm, but I'm the nut.