Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1905 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Question about ventaltion and powdery mildew

I just moved to and different state and the temps here outside are around 30-35 in the day and 10-15 at night..My room temp range from 58-70.. I dont know what to do about bringing air in from outside due to it being so cold... I am starting to get powdery mildew on plants and my humidity is around 35-45... If there is any info anyone can give me about what todo it would be much appreciated Thanks....
    ToKAlot Reviewed by ToKAlot on . Question about ventaltion and powdery mildew I just moved to and different state and the temps here outside are around 30-35 in the day and 10-15 at night..My room temp range from 58-70.. I dont know what to do about bringing air in from outside due to it being so cold... I am starting to get powdery mildew on plants and my humidity is around 35-45... If there is any info anyone can give me about what todo it would be much appreciated Thanks.... Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I could have sworn i posted this is the problem section sry...

Quote Originally Posted by ToKAlot
    I could have sworn i posted this is the problem section sry...
    In any event, put a fan on the plants.

I have a fan on them... But thats just gonna blow the spores around more...

An using outside cold dry air to fight it myself, looking for other ways.
    I am no expert! Just been farming awhile :greenthumb: :greenthumb: peace :bonghit:tlranger Cannabis Circuit Rider
    IT\'S ALL A SYSTEM, THE SUM OF ITS PARTS -- :jointsmile:
    I\'m a low tech man, in a high tech world.
    You ain\'t seen nothin yet-hit me with your best shot-the more I see the less I know-

Powdery mildew seems an endless problem for me. I am about to start a sulfur burning routine as a way to prevent the crap. Also, I spray the leaves with "alkaline water" (pH =8.4: 1/2 tsp. baking soda /1 liter of water) which kills the mildew on the plants. BTW, PM Wash is the same but effing expensive. Hope this helps.

Fight fire with fire, a product called Actinavate ( http://www.naturalindustries.com/ret...id=13&Itemid=3 ) will keep your plants from getting mildew and a bunch of other stuff and it can be sprayed on the leaves...........easy non toxic and safe and it's not expensive.

Being from Canada we battle with hot hot temps and very cold temps all the time, 58-70 seems very cool. Usually we run evening temps @ 70-78 and day temps @ 79-82 without as much as 10 degrees difference between night and day. IS there any way you can vent/exhaust from indoors? Ie. your rez area or another adjoining room to prevent the very cool temps from entering your room? Ive had to turn my exhaust from 7 mins every 40 mins to 2 mins every 40 in the winter with an extra heater in room to maintain temps. As for mildew, sulphur burners work but I find it tends to leave a sulphury tasting smoke. I use Nova in the first 3 weeks of flower just as a preventative, and then nothing gets sprayed after week 4. Spot spraying helps too, and then pick those affected leaves off after they've been treated. Mold likes cold and damp.

Make a box, room something that you can control air air in ,ventilation exhaust out,humidifier, air conditioner remember you control the environment in that room as you can tell its complicated but that's your solution good luck