Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1588 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Dipping roots in warm water right after pulling...anyone else heard of this?

I have been growing since i was 15 and i am now 50. I just heard this and tried it once so far. It was good 1 hit herb so unsure let me know what you think?
    This was with a flushed plant. I just did not trust unflushed and the nuts and lose it

You warm up a pot of water just under boil. Let it sit for 15 min. Harvest the entire plant and put the roots in the water for approx. 2-3 min. Harvest as you normally would.
    Concept i was told...and starting to believe>
    1. When you dip the roots uncut into water, it warms up resigns, liquids above the normal temp.of the plant.
    2. The warmer temps pushes the resign that normally drys in the stalk out and into the sugar leaves and flower.
    Once you cut any plant an air bubble is caused and will cut the remainder of the resign to stay in the stalk. What you are doing i think is forcing every little bit of nectar you can get.
    I just tried this on PART of my last harvest.
    The buds stayed damper longer (a longer cure time i think tastes the best) the sugar leaves made some very good ed ables and candy

So i do not.. i like the fact that the ed ables were high content... i like the fact that the buds stayed curing longer

So if i could what you think about warm water?
    dbdwqeller Reviewed by dbdwqeller on . Dipping roots in warm water right after pulling...anyone else heard of this? I have been growing since i was 15 and i am now 50. I just heard this and tried it once so far. It was good 1 hit herb so unsure let me know what you think? This was with a flushed plant. I just did not trust unflushed and the nuts and lose it :( You warm up a pot of water just under boil. Let it sit for 15 min. Harvest the entire plant and put the roots in the water for approx. 2-3 min. Harvest as you normally would. Concept i was told...and starting to believe> 1. When you dip the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Wow i am kind of amazed.
    I see all the views and not one remark
    Not even off the wall.
    I mean i am talking about cell brake downs... sugar transformations ...possible higher THC levels.
    I talked to a cement company who has been looking into the use of stalks due to the higher levels of moisture they give and take. This allows the cement to last years longer, friendlier to the enviroment.
    There are so many variables and i know some people on here.. know there stuff too. They sleep, eat and think of nothing else.
    Think of that wasted resign left in your stalks? Possibly
    Now there are many different uses with stalks....but of all the ones i know (over 30) not one benefits the resign still left in the stalk. I think thats a waste if so.

Maybe i am smoking to much Humboldt and left to my own mind.
    Maybe i am still in white thorn sleeping in a tree, burnt in the middle with a rams head shinning in it from the moon lol (any friends reading)

So i do not care... tell me this old time grower has smoked to much hash..to much LSD seen Gerry at the eel to many times
    but any thoughts are welcome.

Well DBD,
    I don't think that ur getting more resin out of the stalks with this tech. If anything its only stressing ur plants. So it is possible it can add a tiny amount of frost from the stress, but u say u only do it for a few min and then go about harvest as usual. So I doubt it. But, if u think it works and its not too big a hassle for u to do, then continue to rock it man.

To really prove this u need to get a Brix/Sugar Refractometer. And show the the ave. normal Brix level of ur plants and the level after the hot bath. Exe. ur plants ave. brix before hot bath is at 20 and after u do the hot bath its at 22 or 23.
    This wont show ur adding any THC or CBD, but it will show ur getting more sugar into whatever part of the pant u tested.
    Just my .02
    L8
    MJ

You think that if i let them in longer maybe i might accomplish it...if at all?
    I will check the ave. to see. I am really curious

So do you think if i left them longer i might get a different reading?
    I was planning on getting a norm before testing next time

Right now i am testing an indoor grow by:

No walls ..right in the middle of the room/a/c blowing @ 70 with no fans under 400w Mh/MPS

My thoughts are the stress with be in heightened alert.. the low temp/humidity will keep the buds dense.
    I believe the center and the edges will be different?
    I think the red spectrum during veg on the outsides have made everything extremely tight so far.. the inside have stretched a little more then i thought
    and once i put the blue on MPS things should really rock up.

What r ur thoughts about cold verses resign build up?

I find stress can cause a little extra frost, but also hurts the yield.

I personally don't think boiling the roots will help your plants. As a matter of fact, I think its a sure fire way to kill them.

And this other test ur doing is on light position? If so thats already been proven. Any plant directly under the light will get a lot bigger then a plant in the corner not getting direct light.

Lower temp and humidity isn't an issue unless u get too cold. You don't want ever to have dew form in grow room. If you can keep a consistent temp thru lights on and off, u wont really need to worry about humidity a\ll that much.

And u say ur using HPS for veg? Or MH?
    U can use either but I find the HPS makes my plants stretch in veg. For me MH or a mixture of MH and HPS for veg, I never just go with HPS.
    L8
    MJ

You have a point with the cold.
    The plants are 77-80 avg with the room @ 72. So far 72 has not damaged and i do not think it will..

Once again i am not scientist and i am sure maybe 1/2 the things i try have been done. That's why i started using these forums.
    I find the red spec. makes my stalks stretch in veg and the blue will keep the Nobe's tighter. I think most know that
    So i am trying the red as normal with a t-5 blue more on the outside (Pointing in) to see if i get a reaction with this combination of
    Red for primary and the blue as a secondary with the cold air 72 for stress..
    This is reversed the other side with the cold on the out of course.

Maybe i am to stoned.... with to much time on my hands.... lol
    To me MH is the spring and the summer
    MPS is summer...fall harvest.
    I go by this because i grew up with only the outside to grow back then.
    Now knowing more of the spectrum and trying to add or subtract the spectrum. HPS has less of a light spectrum (I think 2200) and HPS lights may cause distinctive infrared and optical signatures. Now this depends are were you grow as to if it draws insects.(greenhouse). high altitudes do.
    So it would be nice to maybe make a strain that can do well... or at least help out others who do... i like making the strain though... that feels good

So maybe i am that kid who use to take the head off of one doll and put on another..
    I vegged a tomato to a sativa.....seeds grew up tomato

Quote Originally Posted by MJACTIVIST
    I find stress can cause a little extra frost, but also hurts the yield.

I personally don't think boiling the roots will help your plants. As a matter of fact, I think its a sure fire way to kill them.

And this other test ur doing is on light position? If so thats already been proven. Any plant directly under the light will get a lot bigger then a plant in the corner not getting direct light.

Lower temp and humidity isn't an issue unless u get too cold. You don't want ever to have dew form in grow room. If you can keep a consistent temp thru lights on and off, u wont really need to worry about humidity a\ll that much.

And u say ur using HPS for veg? Or MH?
    U can use either but I find the HPS makes my plants stretch in veg. For me MH or a mixture of MH and HPS for veg, I never just go with HPS.
    L8
    MJ
    Hurts the yield in development phases and flowering... but your yield has already been established... your only pushing whats in the stalk into the branches and buds..at least thats the thought
    I really feel the edables were a much cleaner and stronger high. But yet i still only do a very little because i am scared to kill it
    I will be taking a normal before i do it next time to tell.

Mmmm, no.
    The basic idea is flawed.

Why?
    Because there's almost no THC in the roots or in the sap.
    THC and many other cannabinoids are synthesized in the resin glands.
    Those glands use the power of light to assemble our favorite chemicals from their precursors.
    Dipping the roots in hot water just might force more liquid into the stalk, or it might cook all the pores and shut down transpiration.
    A brix reading would shed some light there.
    But it will not force more resin into, or onto, the buds.

That said, "There are more things Horatio, in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in our philosophies"

So, if you want to try it anyway, I suggest an experiment.
    Sample two plants at a time.
    Dip one, do not dip the other.
    Compare them for potency.
    (That's the fun part, I'll be happy to help)
    Then come tell us what you find out.

Aloha,
    Weezard