Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1886 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

should be good to start first grow next week

still hangin in there...sorta. gonna swap them over to 12/12 friday for what its worth. got some sledgehammer coming maybe thatll help them turn around.

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mal420xl
    yeah the tub was part of the phototron i was trying to follow the their process. i would normally not have more than one plant per pot... well thats not strictly true i start off with 2 usually to try
    to make one stronger over the other but i take one out before replanting them., but their process is for 6 in a 21 x 51 space??
    i just wanted to see if it works but as you can see it lends itself to failure. it was totally enclosed, no means of drainage, more or less a nitemare really.
    i tore the phototron apart and put them in a tent in hopes of saving them and they are trying but 6 plants in there is asking a lot.
    I dont think its a good idea to put them all in one pot" never heard of that

Quote Originally Posted by Growrefcheck
    growrefcheck is right putting them in one pot is asking for disaster because the roots will tangle and they want have space to grow and they will take up less nutrients you probly overfed them because you were thinking of that
    THE MORE YOU GROW THE MORE YOU WILL KNOW AND THE MORE YOU SHARE THE MORE YOU CARE!!!!:smokin::thumbsup::thumbsup::smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    growrefcheck is right putting them in one pot is asking for disaster because the roots will tangle and they want have space to grow and they will take up less nutrients you probly overfed them because you were thinking of that
    sigh..... you are right one pot with that many plants is a bad idea. but as i explained earlier i wanted to see if phototrons method of growing would work. it will but requires a ton and i do mean a ton of work to maintain never mind the number of plants alone. its an enclosed system, no means to drain the soil without totally dismantling the entire thing. and yes they will grow one giant tangled rootball. thats why they are still in the one pot. at this point there is no easy to separate them and put them in different pots. with as much stress as they have been thru already they would not be able to take that shock again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal420xl
    sigh..... you are right one pot with that many plants is a bad idea. but as i explained earlier i wanted to see if phototrons method of growing would work. it will but requires a ton and i do mean a ton of work to maintain never mind the number of plants alone. its an enclosed system, no means to drain the soil without totally dismantling the entire thing. and yes they will grow one giant tangled rootball. thats why they are still in the one pot. at this point there is no easy to separate them and put them in different pots. with as much stress as they have been thru already they would not be able to take that shock again.
    So what are you going to do now leave the plants in the same condition???????

Awesome setup man I use CFls myself. I gained an interest in LEDs and that setup is sweet, anyways thought I would stop by. Good ish man. Happy growing

So what are you going to do now leave the plants in the same condition???????
    well if you mean am i going to re-pot them...no that would kill them outright. i am trying to keep them alive but they have been thru an awful lot.
    ill do what i can for them but other than that its up to nature at this point.

thanks, waiting on the other light i ordered to come in but the phototron lite does ok for the seedlings i have for the time being.

12/12

Hey if you get them through till the end post a picture before chopping them down look like something to see!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast