Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1602 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guns vs weed

Not sure I understand the right to bear arms (guns can be dangerous), vs the right to put a simple seed in the ground. Im in Australia where we have tight gun laws in place and even tighter drug laws. Im afraid common sense is not gifted to everybody. Im not saying guns are bad, I like guns, and I know its the people that kill/injure people not the guns. I just want to have a couple of plants for personal use, no big deal right?
    ifluro Reviewed by ifluro on . Guns vs weed Not sure I understand the right to bear arms (guns can be dangerous), vs the right to put a simple seed in the ground. Im in Australia where we have tight gun laws in place and even tighter drug laws. Im afraid common sense is not gifted to everybody. Im not saying guns are bad, I like guns, and I know its the people that kill/injure people not the guns. I just want to have a couple of plants for personal use, no big deal right? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Guns vs weed

I think if we took every gun from the current owners, and replaced it with a plant - This world would be much better. Not sure what we'd replace tanks with... truckloads of kief? lol!

Guns vs weed

On the contrary, if we took all the guns from current owners, the only gunowners left would be of governments or institutions. I believe that everyone should get to smoke weed, but don't ask for slavery

edit- a truckload of keif sounds amazing though. i would bathe in it.

Guns vs weed

Go for it, grow your own but just be careful. i dont know the law in australia but iv few mates there who i went to school with and i know they are growing theyr own=) and by the pics they sent me there before christmas they are doing quit good =)
    [align=center][align=center]â??It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.â? [/align][/align]

Guns vs weed

While I don't fully understand the legality behind marijuana laws (my studies focus on criminal and Constitutional law), the right to bear arms is absolute and upheld by the Supreme Court for the individual right to bear them. However, the Court does recognize and allow the State to regulate the sale and ownership of them as to not be unusual or dangerous for the time period of common ownership and sale.

If I recall correctly, marijuana was made illegal through grassroot movements and heavy lobbying by the timber industry (here in the US) to remove them as a competition for the production of goods. It also doesn't help that a good percentage of incarcerated folks are in there for marijuana charges and with a strong for-profit prison system... it can be hard pressed to change.

Guns vs weed

interesting topic. i'm no expert or anything but ii live in the US and know our laws are different than Australia. As was said as US citizen we have the constitutional right to bear arms thanks to the 2nd Amendment of our US Constitution, one of 10 amendments prospered in Jefferson and Madison's 'Bill of Rights'. but, as pointed out, regulated by State and Federal law. Tragically, not always effectively, although I personally think a strong argument could be made that if the existing laws would be, or could be, properly enforced (e.g., not letting crazy people get a hold of AR's) that this would help more that just trying to pass even more unenforced laws. :twocents: but i don't claim to know a whole about the issue.

one thing i would caution people about is keeping weapons near plants. even if one or both are legal, are they legal together? i really don't know the law on that and would be interested if others did. personally i don't keep the two together but i'm a non legal state, too. if i'm growing i just keep a really big stick for protection, lol.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Guns vs weed

Quote Originally Posted by boaz
    ...one of 10 amendments prospered in Jefferson and Madison's 'Bill of Rights'. ...
    i guess the correct word there would be "proffered". :jointsmile:
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Guns vs weed

I am a responsible gun owner and am quite the gun advocate. I get treated like a criminal where I live even though most gun crimes are committed with illegally owned guns. People seem to think removing my legally owned and registered guns will make society a safer place but all it really does is give the criminal's an advantage becuase I know they will NOT turn over there firearms.

Guns vs weed

Quote Originally Posted by IgotQuestions
    While I don't fully understand the legality behind marijuana laws (my studies focus on criminal and Constitutional law), the right to bear arms is absolute and upheld by the Supreme Court for the individual right to bear them. However, the Court does recognize and allow the State to regulate the sale and ownership of them as to not be unusual or dangerous for the time period of common ownership and sale.

If I recall correctly, marijuana was made illegal through grassroot movements and heavy lobbying by the timber industry (here in the US) to remove them as a competition for the production of goods. It also doesn't help that a good percentage of incarcerated folks are in there for marijuana charges and with a strong for-profit prison system... it can be hard pressed to change.
    in some illegal states, if you get caught growing with a gun on site, you'll get these charges
    possession/manufacture with intent to distribute
    possession of controlled substance with a firearm in your possession
    poosession of a controlled substance

kind of sucks they can slap 3 major offenses on you for 1 act, but that's how they roll

Guns vs weed

If you have the weapon legally, you generally have little to worry about. If you are having it, as you said, illegally... then you kind of put yourself in those shoes. :/

It sucks... but it's there. And yeah, it varies greatly from state to state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast