Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1913 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is white widow still worth your while?

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    When I was new I was very scared of the males, thinking that one male in the house could somehow turn all my girls into breeders. Now I know better and see that it is actually difficult to pollinate plants not in the same room with the little bit of pollen that hits the air. When I want to work with a male I isolate him in another room, away from my fans in the flowering tent. Then I simply gather some of his pollen into an empty pill container and using a small artists paintbrush, I carefully apply this pollen to one bud on one branch of a 2 week old flowering plant. I put a colored twisty tie on that branch to label it, and then watch as the pistils on that pollinated bud turn brown and curl up over the next day or two, showing me that pollination has occurred. This allows the rest of the plant to develop as sensimilla and I only turn one bud into a seed factory.

Exactly what I wanted to know thank you. I was trying to figure out how I could do this using a sterile technique (which would be nearly impossible). This reply puts me at ease a little. But this info is about 32 steps ahead of where I'm at now. Right now I'm just trying to keep things alive. I would like to get my own seeds though because ordering seeds online is a significant expense. Thanks for the reply.

2.   Advertisements

Is white widow still worth your while?

You may want to consider cloning your plants.. being that you are starting from seed with the first one.. these would be perfect to start a new line of clones. Its not terribly difficult to do.. there are a few vids on youtube showing various techniques... but this is a great way to guarantee female plants with every crop. Just before you flip your plants to 12/12, take 4 or 5 clones off of each plant, and keep them seperated and labled so you can keep track of which clones came from which plant. Then.. when your plants start to show thier sex, you can scrap any male clones and keep the females for mother plants. Keeping 3 or 4 mother plants will easily allow you to take 50-60 cuttings every 2 months as needed.. just make sure you take cuttings off your mothers 2 weeks before your crop is set to come down.. that way your babies will be rooted and ready to transplant on time! Its a great way to perpetuate your crop without having the hassle of buying seeds and sexing the plants all the time.. All it takes is about 40 bucks worth of supplies from home depot.. and you can get your own little cloning set up happening.. Cheers!
    I grow food.. Not weed.. But I like weed.. So I will help you grow it as best I can ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12