Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1841 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Canabutter, Buds vs. Leaves

I cooked 2 oz of ground leaves & 1 oz of ground buds & the leaves came out twice as green as the buds! That makes me think that the leaves will be stronger unless the leaves have more chlorophyll making them look greener & stronger? Does a brighter green mean more THC & more potent? I know in the past when I used ground leaves they turned out good. Iā??ve heard that leaves are just as good as buds for cooking, only that it just takes more, maybe 2 or 3 times more?
    mc1548 Reviewed by mc1548 on . Canabutter, Buds vs. Leaves I cooked 2 oz of ground leaves & 1 oz of ground buds & the leaves came out twice as green as the buds! That makes me think that the leaves will be stronger unless the leaves have more chlorophyll making them look greener & stronger? Does a brighter green mean more THC & more potent? I know in the past when I used ground leaves they turned out good. Iā??ve heard that leaves are just as good as buds for cooking, only that it just takes more, maybe 2 or 3 times more? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

How much did you make? The answer of potency, will be your ratio of bud to butter! The more budder, the less brownie meds you will need to eat. Everyone's comes out different.

Quote Originally Posted by mc1548
    unless the leaves have more chlorophyll making them look greener & stronger?
    I find the leaves to be more medicinal with the CBD's, I guess! I met a 71 year old a few days ago that only use's leave's in her tea. She said it controls her arthritis pain, well!

Depends on what you are looking for! If you want to get high, your mixture will do the trick! If you want meds, it would appear, it will be pain Killing Medicine! pr

I haven't used my good buds for cannabutter, I only use my good frosty leaf trimming - have to do something with it eh. I don't leave my butter green (thats just chlorophyll) but instead 'wash it' a couple of times. I do this by putting it back in the fridge to set, and then adding fresh water. Gently warm it again, give it a few swishes around for several minutes and then put it back into the fridge to set. Drain off the water and repeat with fresh water.
    I like my butter to not have that planty leafy flavour but I know some folks don't mind the taste at all.
    Mostly now though I like to make canna oil. Its quicker, less fuss and just as useful as the butter.

sorry to say buddy....but i didn't get the question