Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1600 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cannabis stores don't open till 2014, where can I get cannabis until then?

Amendment 64 is going into effect Dec. 6th, stores won't be opened until 2014. So that leaves Colorado cannabis legal for a year without a place to buy, my question is how can someone purchase during that year without having red card or purchasing from an illegal source? :wtf: I grow myself so I'm not worried, but a lot of people are going to want to buy legally who don't have red card or grow.:stoned:
    Bigbud911 Reviewed by Bigbud911 on . Cannabis stores don't open till 2014, where can I get cannabis until then? Amendment 64 is going into effect Dec. 6th, stores won't be opened until 2014. So that leaves Colorado cannabis legal for a year without a place to buy, my question is how can someone purchase during that year without having red card or purchasing from an illegal source? :wtf: I grow myself so I'm not worried, but a lot of people are going to want to buy legally who don't have red card or grow.:stoned: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbud911
    Amendment 64 is going into effect Dec. 6th, stores won't be opened until 2014. So that leaves Colorado cannabis legal for a year without a place to buy, my question is how can someone purchase during that year without having red card or purchasing from an illegal source? :wtf: I grow myself so I'm not worried, but a lot of people are going to want to buy legally who don't have red card or grow.:stoned:
    A lot depends upon what the Justice Department does. Read this: Law, Science, and the Coming Brawl Over Marijuana - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic

They will eventually take a stance, and, as the law professor from DU speculates, "I can imagine the Justice Department telling the states that it will continue to grudgingly permit the states to continue with medical marijuana but that full legalization is a bridge too far."

Once the results of the election are certified, I believe you can buy it anywhere you want. As far as state law goes, possession of 1 oz. or less is legal regardless of where you get it. At this point, although selling outside the contemplated regulatory scheme will remain illegal, buying it, or having it given to you, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by senorx12562
    Once the results of the election are certified, I believe you can buy it anywhere you want. As far as state law goes, possession of 1 oz. or less is legal regardless of where you get it. At this point, although selling outside the contemplated regulatory scheme will remain illegal, buying it, or having it given to you, is not.
    I don't think you can buy it anywhere you want. The way I read the amendment, dispensaries are still limited in selling only to registered patients. Here is the reference: (7) Medical marijuana provisions unaffected. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED: (b) TO PERMIT A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CENTER TO DISTRIBUTE MARIJUANA TO A PERSON WHO IS NOT A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT;

Do you read that differently? Also, caregivers are limited similarly; therefore, I think the only source to legally buy from are people who grow and who are not caregivers or dispensaries or grow ops for dispensaries. How you find these people....?

My point was that just because it's illegal for the seller to sell it, it is not illegal for the purchaser to have it. In other words, the illegality of the transaction for the seller does not taint, and thereby make illegal, the purchase or possession of cannabis by the buyer/recipient; there is no longer such a thing as an illegal source for the recipient. As an aside, I find it amusing that the existence of dispensaries has suddenly made people unable to find pot from another source.

Quote Originally Posted by senorx12562
    My point was that just because it's illegal for the seller to sell it, it is not illegal for the purchaser to have it. In other words, the illegality of the transaction for the seller does not taint, and thereby make illegal, the purchase or possession of cannabis by the buyer/recipient; there is no longer such a thing as an illegal source for the recipient. As an aside, I find it amusing that the existence of dispensaries has suddenly made people unable to find pot from another source.
    This whole thing is amusing and weird. Perhaps another way to look at this is, at this point, one can legally "possess" (without remuneration) marijuana from anyone over 21. For someone who does not grow their own marijuana may have a little difficulty "purchasing" since the selling part is illegal, although that may not be such a stumbling block given how versatile the marketplace is...anyway, in the meantime, there is some uncertainty and hesitation since most municipalities and counties are in a wait-and-see mode. So, until the Fed makes its stance known, there will probably be many growers making themselves available to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by colagal
    So, until the Fed makes its stance known, there will probably be many growers making themselves available to the public.
    They already do that. It's called the black market.
    Selling Marijuana without a license from the state will continue to be a felony.

It's kind of like before there were dispensaries... it's legal for you to buy anywhere and then possess, but illegal for anybody to sell it to you.

Buying marijuana is usually not a problem. Everybody knows somebody You will just never be able to buy from a Medical Dispensary without a red card. Retail shops to consumers is slated for early 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoMMJ
    Buying marijuana is usually not a problem. Everybody knows somebody .
    That is what the politicians say, when crying to them for medicinal legalization. I personally, did not and would not, if it weren't for legal mmj.

As much as that statement, is common. It just ain't so! Or, maybe, only in Colorado? :stoned: pr

everyone likely does know someone, but if you keep it big secret chances are you don't know who it is you know..

Quote Originally Posted by SoCoMMJ

It's kind of like before there were dispensaries... it's legal for you to buy anywhere and then possess, but illegal for anybody to sell it to you.

yeah, that is what this reminds me of too. It is legal to posses but illegal to sell, which means the assumption is it will have to fall like mana from heaven :jointsmile: , unless you can grow your own. I guess thats better than nothing but I think it really leave a grey area that will likely get filled one way or another. Please let us all know how it works out, many of us out of stater's are watching closely.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast