Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1705 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

How much will an ounce be in December?

I keep hearing about the 25% tax and since the Phamacies will be open to all on Dec 6, what will this do to the prices? Does anyone think the Mexicans will be selling a lot lower? Things are about to get real interesting...I don't understand how jacking the price is supposed to keep Black Market out? Hmmmmmmm
    hiamps Reviewed by hiamps on . How much will an ounce be in December? I keep hearing about the 25% tax and since the Phamacies will be open to all on Dec 6, what will this do to the prices? Does anyone think the Mexicans will be selling a lot lower? Things are about to get real interesting...I don't understand how jacking the price is supposed to keep Black Market out? Hmmmmmmm Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hiamps
    I keep hearing about the 25% tax and since the Phamacies will be open to all on Dec 6, what will this do to the prices? Does anyone think the Mexicans will be selling a lot lower? Things are about to get real interesting...I don't understand how jacking the price is supposed to keep Black Market out? Hmmmmmmm
    Any economist could have told you that this was going to happen. Milton Freedman once said, If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. He was talking about the inefficiency that occurs as soon as government interferes in a free market and we certainly see this clearly in the multi-tiered tax system now implemented in Wash. state for pot producers, distributors and consumers.

Sadly, the black market will become very active in this type of market. The government by implementing controls will cause a loss of control in the pot market and a new focus have to be put on looking for and busting those operating outside of the regulated system. I am sure we have not seen the end of troubles yet in Washington, but kudos for the folks up there who are trying to work this out. It is a start, and it is a method of state control of this emerging industry that we needed to see in operation in order to understand its impact, and many more states will be able to use the example of what is happening in Washington when designing their own laws in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hiamps
    the medical coops are going to open to everyone on Dec 6h???? even out of staters?? I'm booking my flight if so, that is just too cool. I hate to get my hopes up for nothing but it sure does sound like Washington is serious about implementing this. :greenthumb:
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

ohhh, I guess that is Dec 6th, 2013. I guess they'll be fighting it out in court for a year first.

U.S. Justice Dept. has not spoken on Wash., Colo., marijuana laws - UPI.com
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Well only a few places opened up. Now for the Taxes...Anyone good at math? How much will a $150 ounce from the grower end up costing the consumer?
    Marijuana Taxes
    The initiative creates three new excise taxes to be collected by the WSLCB:
    Excise tax equal to 25% of the selling price on each sale between licensed producer and licensed processor. Paid by the producer. Excise tax equal to 25% of the selling price on each sale of usable marijuana/marijuana infused product from a licensed processor to a licensed retailer. Paid by the processor. Excise tax equal to 25% of the selling price on each licensed retail sale of usable marijuana/marijuana infused product. Paid by the retailer. This tax is in addition to any/all applicable general, state, and local sales and use taxes, and is part of the total retail price. All funds from marijuana excise taxes are deposited in the Dedicated Marijuana Fund. Disbursements from the Dedicated Marijuana Fund shall be on authorization of the WSLCB or a duly authorized representative.