Going to do a couple of organic plants in the spring. I'm not sure which variety yet, but I have a few things to get done before that becomes critical.

I want to use my own potting mix for it, which calls for a lot of homemade compost. Of which I am currently shy of.

So to start, I'm going to mix up a compost pile, I don't think I have enough material on hand to make a hot pile, but it doesn't freeze here, so even a warm one should have some goodness ready for next season. I've already seen a couple of worms in it. I'll add some more to it to top it off, and a little more after it first starts to shrink.

The starting pile has:

Lawn clippings (mine, no pesticides)
Leaves (also mine, no pesticides)
Cannabis and vegetable garden rootballs, stems, and leaves.
Coffee grounds (free from starbucks)
Some veggie kitchen waste (melon rinds etc)
Fish goo from the coy pond.

Attachment 287709

I also put my used container potting soil through it. I use it both to recondition the potting soil, and to act as an inoculant for the new pile.

It will take a while, esp if I don't come up with enough stuff to build a large enough pile to heat up, but either way, at the end of it. I'll have some mighty fine compost to start my potting mix with.
Leonardo de Garden Reviewed by Leonardo de Garden on . Leonardo's Organic Mini Run Going to do a couple of organic plants in the spring. I'm not sure which variety yet, but I have a few things to get done before that becomes critical. I want to use my own potting mix for it, which calls for a lot of homemade compost. Of which I am currently shy of. So to start, I'm going to mix up a compost pile, I don't think I have enough material on hand to make a hot pile, but it doesn't freeze here, so even a warm one should have some goodness ready for next season. I've already Rating: 5