Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1535 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My current grow... whatcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherJack
    They didnt start stretching bad until I went to 12/12. The light is just 8 1/2 inches away from the tops and I topped both plants twice. The odd thing is the BH was short and bushy as hell till the light switch... then she went nuts - almost tripled in height. The BW was always taller and she just doubled in height. (BTW I experimented this time around by keeping the MH bulb in until they were two weeks into flower, then I switched to the HPS... think that had anything to do with it?) The final transplant in the 5 gallon buckets happend just a few days before 12/12 and their only supposed to flower for around 8 weeks... you dont think the nutes in the soil will last 8 weeks? Could I just spread some bone meal on top of the soil before I watered if they start to get hungry? I was really trying to avoid chemicals for this grow if at all possible. This is my first time trying to grow organically and the first time I have tried these strains so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for all the replies btw... I appreciate it.
    I think I misunderstood... Sorry! I had no idea you were goin' organic... Guess I missed that,huh? I do know that my Miricale Grow soil will deplete during veg and says on the bag ' Last up to 6 months".. Bullshit! I still have no problem with adding nute to new MG soil... It's how ya do it I guess? Lots has to do with the strain involved in the grow,too. Bone meal won't hurt ya... But the molasses is gonna do ya lots of good! It has all the trace minerals as well as pure cane particles that help the plant uptake the nutrients and from getting a nute-lockout. In which flushing is involved.. Therefore washing all your hard work down the drain!

I've used a 1000 watt MH from start to finish before... My opinion is that they need the red light from an HPS to rerally mature the way it was intended. I've used an HPS all the way through before,too.. I see a bit of difference in veg with the MH versus the HPS.. You can't go wrong either way as long as your 12/12 or 18/6,with either lamp...

Same thing with the stretch in 12/12.. Mine do it too.. Thats where toppin' and FIM'n come into play... Do this about a week or 2 while in veg.. They'll still stretch but won' take all of your headroom away from ya! You are in control of this part of the grow! Really your in control during the whole grow!

2.   Advertisements

good shit , looks incredible

I'm already on plans for the next grow. I got my little package in the mail today direct from Nirvana... 10 reg. Northern Light seeds! Woo Hoo! lol

Attachment 287061Attachment 287062

Quote Originally Posted by FatherJack
    I'm already on plans for the next grow. I got my little package in the mail today direct from Nirvana... 10 reg. Northern Light seeds! Woo Hoo! lol

Attachment 287061Attachment 287062
    Hell yeah! Those are some awesome beans! Nirvana is known for quality beans! Wish ya the best on that grow for real! I LOVE NL and NL#5.. Do it right... You'll reap what you sow! Not a bad thang for sure,huh?

If you like the plants you have? You could reveg the best ones of the bunch and you'll be flower'n those before you will the NL.

I though about revegging them and then taking clones but I dont know, I'm not very good at things like that. I'm very sure they'll be be potent though... these ladies were stinkin up the house their second week in veg. On a whim I took the little tops I cut from them when topping and fired them up. Yep... even the two week old cut tops got me a buzz. Now granted I'm not a heavy smoker, but still... I was impressed!

Really! You should reveg and only pop 5 of those beans... Your sure to get 1 female that you could take cuttings from.. It's not rocket science to take cuttings.. It's easy as pie! There are so many growers here that are veterans.. Lots of great info here too! Take a few and try to start them when you have plants in veg.. Can't hurt you when ya make a mistake or even fail at it! You are sure to learn from any mistake witch is way better than havin' somebody tell ya how.. Lots of video's on youtube that will help cultivate cuttings! Need me? Ask... Be more than happy to put ya on the right path My Brother!

Forgot to add... it took 13 days from the time I ordered on Nirvana's website to get to my mailbox here in Tennessee. Not too damned shabby! I've ordered seeds from Attitude before (coincidentally where the BW and BH came from) and it took almost a month.

Good to see another Southern grower around! I guess ya know I'm from Georgia.. GaGrown

What bothers me about cloning is your on a time limit and one mistake and your SOL. Even with a mother your still at risk of her dying. I bought the 10 regular seeds with plans of breeding to provide an abundant supply of seeds that can be stored until I'm ready to use them. I might try cloning later on, but I want to be sure I have a back-up plan... i.e. my own personal seedbank Call it the boyscout in me... but I always like to be prepared, cause if Romney gets in were all screwed!

Shit... your just a hogs throw away! lol Is it getting colder your way? Got down in the 40's the other night here... been stayin in the 70 in the day. My kinda weather.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast