Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1329 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My current grow... whatcha think?

New here, I just thought I'd share a couple pics of my ladies. The one on the left is a Blue Widow and the other is a Blue Hash. I tried to go with an organic soil mix this time so the only thing I have given them from seed is plain water (and a little molasses when they went into flower). They are 25 days into flower (24 in the pics) under a 600W HPS. How they lookin?

Attachment 287058Attachment 287059Attachment 287060
    FatherJack Reviewed by FatherJack on . My current grow... whatcha think? New here, I just thought I'd share a couple pics of my ladies. The one on the left is a Blue Widow and the other is a Blue Hash. I tried to go with an organic soil mix this time so the only thing I have given them from seed is plain water (and a little molasses when they went into flower). They are 25 days into flower (24 in the pics) under a 600W HPS. How they lookin? 287058287059287060 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

they are looking very nice indeed:jointsmile:my set up is almost the same as your only iv got 400w hps .my room is 3x3x7.5 foot ,what yours looks about same or bit bigger ??an what sort of intake an outake have you got?i can see your ducting for venting >>mine goes into attis which its joined to a 100rvk fan ..

Hi green fingaz, my box is 2x3x5.5 feet tall. I just have a 160 cfm duct fan taking air from the box, through the cool tube, and out the back of the box. I also have a small hole with a fan at the top of the box blowing air out the back too... the only intake is a vent at the bottom. Stealth isnt too big of an issue for me so they both just blow into my livingroom.

thanks for the reply sounds like u no wat your doing wat sort of ferts do u use ?

Just a simple soil mix... organic potting soil, perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, blood meal, bone meal, and dolomite lime. They are currently in 5 gallon buckets and I transplanted them 3 times since seed using the same mix each time. Seems to be working well and giving them everything they need as they have only received plain water since sprouting. I used to use all the latest and greatest chemical nutes, but I like this way better. No mixing, no keeping track of feedings, no over-fert/under-fert worries, and its a whole lot cheaper and cleaner. I just add water and the soil does the rest. Now that they are in flower I add molasses to their water about once a week or so. Its my first time growing this way so we'll see how things turn out. They should be ready to harvest in about 5 or 6 weeks. No problems so far but harvest is still a long way off. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FatherJack
    New here, I just thought I'd share a couple pics of my ladies. The one on the left is a Blue Widow and the other is a Blue Hash. I tried to go with an organic soil mix this time so the only thing I have given them from seed is plain water (and a little molasses when they went into flower). They are 25 days into flower (24 in the pics) under a 600W HPS. How they lookin?

Attachment 287058Attachment 287059Attachment 287060

Lookin' real good! Lil' tip... When ya use the molasses.... Just add a tablespoon once a week. With ya regular ferts and your gonna see a diference in 2 weeks or less... Depends on ya soil,ph of ya water, and npk of your nutes.. You seem to have it figured out! Just wanted to give ya some info for future use maybe...

Appreciate the tip! I dont add any external nutes though... they are only feeding off of what I put in the soil when I mixed it. Working good so far I just hope its enough for them to feed off of until harvest time, I really dont want to add anything if I dont have to.

they look helthy but they also look real strechy how high is your lamp? they look like they are about on track for 4 weeks but them long stems are liable to snap becuase they are streched out like hell 10 grams would proabbly snap them things get some supports and next time think aobout doing some lst or scrog if your plants are that strechy

Quote Originally Posted by stickyicky0420
    they look helthy but they also look real strechy how high is your lamp? they look like they are about on track for 4 weeks but them long stems are liable to snap becuase they are streched out like hell 10 grams would proabbly snap them things get some supports and next time think aobout doing some lst or scrog if your plants are that strechy

I think they'll be ok... Some strains seem to stretch more than others even if they get the lumens they need to stay squat or short. The 600 watt is the best watt lamp to use as far as efficiency. There is more light penetration from a 600 than 1000 watt. Thats a fact! Even though I use a 1000 watter. I've been a seed tester for a couple of breeders that have beans on the market in big name seedbanks. The Z99 and MBS were 2 of the most stretchy strains I have ever seen! Toppin' and FIM'n are the best solutions for a stretchy strain...

Fatherjack.... The soil will deplete itself.. Through the uptake of nutrients in the soil being used by the plant. So your gonna have to add something later. Just don't be scared to try new things.. But keep it simple too. Even if it's a 1/4 of the suggested strength... Your plants will LOVE you!

They didnt start stretching bad until I went to 12/12. The light is just 8 1/2 inches away from the tops and I topped both plants twice. The odd thing is the BH was short and bushy as hell till the light switch... then she went nuts - almost tripled in height. The BW was always taller and she just doubled in height. (BTW I experimented this time around by keeping the MH bulb in until they were two weeks into flower, then I switched to the HPS... think that had anything to do with it?) The final transplant in the 5 gallon buckets happend just a few days before 12/12 and their only supposed to flower for around 8 weeks... you dont think the nutes in the soil will last 8 weeks? Could I just spread some bone meal on top of the soil before I watered if they start to get hungry? I was really trying to avoid chemicals for this grow if at all possible. This is my first time trying to grow organically and the first time I have tried these strains so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for all the replies btw... I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast