Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1694 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

possible mites on plants nearing harvest, help!

as the title would indicate, just noticed a serious problem inside my very late stage indoor grow...the infestation appears to be spider mites, but then again i'm not an exterminator so here's a brief description: in the light they appear very small and golden in color and have spun what seem to be very small webs over a decent amount of the buds, even a cola or two. we are talking about two plants within weeks of harvest, therefore i'm not sure if the best option would be to proceed lightly (if at all) with the prescribed garlic/pepper spray found elsewhere on these forums or to just leave things as they are until the finish...speaking of, if i leave everything, how do i proceed to make sure there is nothing, dead or alive, in the finished product at all or just that which could potentially pose a risk? thank you in advance for any assistance, have a good one
    operecomplete Reviewed by operecomplete on . possible mites on plants nearing harvest, help! as the title would indicate, just noticed a serious problem inside my very late stage indoor grow...the infestation appears to be spider mites, but then again i'm not an exterminator so here's a brief description: in the light they appear very small and golden in color and have spun what seem to be very small webs over a decent amount of the buds, even a cola or two. we are talking about two plants within weeks of harvest, therefore i'm not sure if the best option would be to proceed lightly Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Sorry to hear but it's a winning bet that you're gonna be smokin' bugs. Dear or alive your bud is pretty much all bugged-out. If you can up the humidity to around 80-90% during the dark hours and dry it out during light you should be able to drown them all in about 3-4 days. It worked for me. Just give the bud to the friends you don't like, lol.

Mighty Wash quick and they have a rinse for after. The stuff is non-toxic. I got it all over me and I didn't get the same poisin buzz I got off of azamax.You can spray the same day as harvest. Smoking bugs is not so bad if you wash some off but Selling it as meds is a no no.
    For spider mites the web is called tenting. When they do this it is a sign they are spreading out big time. They do it on top and float away on a tread to find new plants to suck on.
    You do have time for Dr. Doom's pyrithrum bomb or CO2 can kill they if you flood the room with 1500 ppm. but they don't wash anything off.

The safest way I have found is mix rubbing alcohol mixed 1/2 with water and spray the plants 2 or 3 times a day for bad infestation then every other day to take care of any eggs that might hatch. The alcohol kills spider mites on contact then evaperates to leave nothing on the plant or buds. I clean off the webs and look for new webs after spraying it make them easyer to see.