Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1707 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Making your own soil mixture for Cannabis!

Making your own soil mixture for Cannabis is not tough. All you need to do is: mix two parts moss with one part sand and one part pearlite or sponge rock to each four gallons of soil.Test your soil for ph with litmus paper or with a soil testing kit available at most plant stores.To raise the ph of the soil, add 1/2 lb lime to 1 cubic foot of soil to raise the ph one point. If you want to use your own dug-up dirt you must sterilize it. For sterilizing, you can bake it in your oven for about an hour at 250 degrees. Prior to this, you must moisten it carefully. Once the mixture is ready, add one tablespoon of fertilizer per gallon of soil and thoroughly blend it. Now you have your own soil mixture! Checkout the site caligrowkits!
    Sophia Williams Reviewed by Sophia Williams on . Making your own soil mixture for Cannabis! Making your own soil mixture for Cannabis is not tough. All you need to do is: mix two parts moss with one part sand and one part pearlite or sponge rock to each four gallons of soil.Test your soil for ph with litmus paper or with a soil testing kit available at most plant stores.To raise the ph of the soil, add 1/2 lb lime to 1 cubic foot of soil to raise the ph one point. If you want to use your own dug-up dirt you must sterilize it. For sterilizing, you can bake it in your oven for about an Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Williams
    For sterilizing, you can bake it in your oven for about an hour at 250 degrees.
    Wont your oven smell like dirt afterwards?

Bet the oven must be outside, cause the whole house is gonna smell

[align=left]Hey TLRanger,
    I did some googling and I think I am going to put the dirt in a bag, make it flat at about 3 inches deep and put it on the roof of my garage in the sun for about a week and see what happens. I use to be a roofer and it gets mighty hot on the roof.[/align]

A good fertilizer for this mix would be Rainbow Mix Grow it has everything a plant needs and for flowering they make a bloom, great stuff. Earth JuiceĀ® Rainbow Mix PRO

If you sterilized the soil you'd be smart to add probiotics to the mix also. Add some active compost to your mix. Also, Plant Success Soluble is a very good product, it is beneficial fungi that lives on the plants roots and takes the nutrients and processes them for the plant to use. Use as directed.