Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1364 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheap cfl stealt grow very good results cost less than 100 euro to build!!

So i decided to build my own stealt grow and only had 100 euro to spend i know its not alot but all i had!!! I got all the cfls, fixtures timber and panals at my local hardware store. for the cfls im using 5 x 23watt, 2 are cool white 4200k and the other 3 are wharm 2700k. each bulb 23watt = 130 watt x 5 bulbs =650 watt which i think is plenty for 2 plants and is very cheap on elrtric once you run your times near 12 a.m to 9a.m during these times my eletric is half price because im running my lights at night units not day units. day units is 16.87cent/kWh and night units is 8.34cent/kWh. night units are half the price of day units so i run my lights from 11 p.m to 11 a.m.. trust me big difference on eletric bill!! here is a few pictures of my plants so far they are 4 weeks old today and fully female dont know much about the strain or flowering times but i reckon im half way there, well hopefully anyway..[attachment=o285944][attachment=o285945][attachment=o285946][attachment=o285947] So what ya guys think cheap grow with a good result... anyone can grow if you put your mind to it..
    tysonjf Reviewed by tysonjf on . Cheap cfl stealt grow very good results cost less than 100 euro to build!! So i decided to build my own stealt grow and only had 100 euro to spend i know its not alot but all i had!!! I got all the cfls, fixtures timber and panals at my local hardware store. for the cfls im using 5 x 23watt, 2 are cool white 4200k and the other 3 are wharm 2700k. each bulb 23watt = 130 watt x 5 bulbs =650 watt which i think is plenty for 2 plants and is very cheap on elrtric once you run your times near 12 a.m to 9a.m during these times my eletric is half price because im running my Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

shit how can that be 4 weeks? the one in my thread is 3 and it's an auto... sure it's the lighting... do you know if non direct sunlight is stronger than the 25w cfl?

thats some growth for 4 weeks.

sorry meant to say 4 weeks in flower.. in total the plants is only 6 weeks old as i only veged for 2 weeks because of space both plants where toped a few days before switching to 12/12 and the results are very good so far.. since i started useing organic tomoato feed the plants have nearly doubled in size. maxolahird you need more light man 1 aint goin to do much the more light the better plus a indoor grow is easier to controll than an outdoor one because we cant controll the sun and its not always a constant light sorce..

Hey new member, long time smoker, first time grower here. I have like many others been wanting to grow for a while and have been meticulously researching the topic but after a combination of getting ripped by the scumbags selling here and seeing this post yesterday made me go out and get all the parts to set up my own cfl grow. I spent the last year saying i would get a hps grow light but seeing what can be done with parts that can be sourced cheaply and localy along with the much lower cost to run them each month seems like a better option to be honest. I will be assembling it over the next few days and will try and post a couple of pictures to see if any one here could give me some pointers. I have some auto mazar bag seed there waiting to be grown but would prefer getting some autos in town if anyone knows any headshops selling quality auto seeds i have checked in a few but they only had regular seeds. I dont trust getting anything incriminating being sent to the house so i would rather not buy online. The set up will have 6 20watt cfls, i was thinking of getting three of each spectrum but not 100% yet, i already have the three warm white bulbs. Anyways just ranting away at this stage but sure yous know how it is after smoking a few bowls of any sativa

Btw the plants in this thread look very healthy. Keep up the good work should be a rewarding yield!

hey dudes regular cfl grower here, i get 1+1/2 oz dry of each plant and run a 175watt(actual) box taking 4 plants, i will upgrade with led's when i have spare cash, any info i can give ye let me know, but would recommend using regular seeds instead of auto's as regular can clone witch will save you alot of money and time. nice girls tysonjf and welcome to the magical world of growing :jointsmile:

yo bteir i was in the same sitution as yourself sick of gettin ripped off payin 50 euro for 2 gram of sprayed weed pure dirt. woz thinking of hps myself my friend has one and very dear on eletric. i bought everything i needed for my grow in my local hardware store very cheap and discret.. also cfls are very cheap on eletric once you run them at the rite times the flowering stage should cost between 100euro and 140euro based on eight weeks not bad considerin ill get 2 ounce of healty clean green well hopefully anyway.. and also buying seeds online is quite safe my friend buys online for many years and he never has any heat from the law... and stelth stoner im also thinkin goin with the led pro grow 260 wen i havesome spare cash the results look amazing

ya pro grow seems to be the way to go but expensive and you'd still need a few cfl's for heat in the winter, you can get 20watt cfl's in tesco for 4 euro each that's the cheapest i've seen them, but i would invest in some good feed for bigger yeilds i use sensi bloom a and b, and i'd also give the girls about 12 weeks flowering with cfl's also check this site out Growing Closets : The Ultimate Guide To Growing Weed In Your Closet check you later :thumbsup:

ya very expensive espeicaly wen ya ave fuck all cash.. ya 4 euro is good for the bulbs but i think the 20 watt bulbs are =to 100 watt.i got mine in my local hardware store 24watt = 130wat for around 6 euro each so thats an extra 30 watts per bulb x 5 bulbs =130 watts extra whichs makes a big difference. i tried looking for 100watt =300watt bulbs but i dont think they can be got in ireland 130watt is the higest output i could find around.. any info on this stelth?? wer can ya buy sensi bloom? sounds good i use organic tomato feed and the plants love it. that link looks good ill get a look now. sound peace out..

lots of smaller bulbs are better than 1 large, it allows you position the bulbs closer to the buds the highest watt bulb i have is 35watt 2x red and 1 x blue and then 2 x 20watt red and 2 x 16watt red, i got the sensi feed in galway but i,m sure any other good hydro/regular feed will do, all you really need is bloom feeds just make sure to flush your plants with just water for their last week of flower. check out green-lamp.uk they have good cheap bulbs also try adverts.ie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast