Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1839 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

General Organics vs General Hydroponics

[attachment=o285912]
    [attachment=o285915]

General Organics GO Box on the left, General Hydroponics Flora (grow/bloom/micro) series on the right. At 4 wk growth 1 wk flower, Flora is taller by 7 inches.

[attachment=o285913]

[attachment=o285914]

The root system for the Flora series was more developed than in the organic system.

What I'm really interested in is blind testing the final product. I want to know myself if the difference is apparent from the buds. The chemical based line has the edge on growth, but will the organic taste better?
    Leonardo de Garden Reviewed by Leonardo de Garden on . General Organics vs General Hydroponics General Organics GO Box on the left, General Hydroponics Flora (grow/bloom/micro) series on the right. At 4 wk growth 1 wk flower, Flora is taller by 7 inches. The root system for the Flora series was more developed than in the organic system. What I'm really interested in is blind testing the final product. I want to know myself if the difference is apparent from the buds. The chemical based line has the edge on growth, but will the organic taste better? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

UPDATE:

Chemical Still ahead on left. Organic on right.

[attachment=o286498][attachment=o286499][attachment=o286500][attachment=o286501]

A note on organics.

They need to be broken down to the base elements. So IMO in the end you end up with a potentially toxic plant ( some types of organic growing). The stuff made in the lab is way way better. In many ways. I can only say that I never heard of a death from consuming something grown with chemical ferts, I cant say the same about organics. I admit it is a lottery but it still exists. There have been deaths from consuming toxins from using manure/organics (E. coli).

I can grow either way, but prefer the chemicals. They are super stable and I dont have to change out my solutions to manage them. I simply monitor EC and adjust. With organics you can basiclly slam it full and not worry about burns. The down is lockout due to crazy PH commonly.

If you really want to have fun and make your fertilizers for hydroponic solutions, I suggest reading up on hydroponic sweet peppers. They use alot of what cannabis does in the same fashion. For nickles on the dollar you can have the same thing anyone sells. The 7 basic elements remain consistent. As far as the more expensive bottles you will encounter- that is all about bacteria and enzyme culture. Thats what you are paying for. If you look at a root product like say ZHO by Botanicare vs voodoo juice from Advance Nutrients-both root stuffs....Big difference in counts. Big difference in price. Same with products like whateveryouwannacallit -zyme- If its a good product you wont have build up or green algae sucking up wastes or dirty trays as the enzymes clean the trash. and again you get what you pay for.

If you are a new grower I wouldn't worry about all the bells and whistles. You most likely wont get your monies worth and honestly..its a weed....dont overthink it...

OK im going to look at your pics now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomin Idiot
    A note on organics.

They need to be broken down to the base elements.

So IMO in the end you end up with a potentially toxic plant ( some types of organic growing). ....There have been deaths from consuming toxins from using manure/organics (E. coli).

If you are a new grower I wouldn't worry about all the bells and whistles. You most likely wont get your monies worth and honestly..its a weed....dont overthink it...
    On the whole organic = dangerous thing, depends on what it is and how it's prepared. If you are concerned about ecoli etc, don't use animal products that could be carriers in your organics. And most problems arise from people getting fresh crap on goods about to be harvested, that sort of idiocy. I personally use animal meals and guanos, but it is technically a smidge safer not to. With just a little education it can be really pretty safe to make and use your own compost etc.

I know what you mean about the bells and whistles not being right for a new gardener. I am a big fan of the "it's a weed get out of the way and it will grow" philosophy myself, but please understand, I have a curiosity beyond most cats, I always have to know that one step past what I do now.

By the way, I myself am not a new gardener. I'm not going to brag, because I'm still new here on this forum, and where I come from you don't go to someone else's house and start shooting your mouth off about yourself, but yeah, I have skills.

4 wks growth, 6 wks flower - Organic:

Attachment 286694

Attachment 286693

4 wks growth, 6 wks flower - Chemical:

Attachment 286697

Attachment 286696

Attachment 286695

What I'm really interested in is blind testing the final product. I want to know myself if the difference is apparent from the buds. The chemical based line has the edge on growth, but will the organic taste better?
    The question i got, without going off on a tangent is "which will taste best', ganic or ponic). I say 50% of mother nature beats no mother at all. To me, ganic bud is about 20% better.

Quote Originally Posted by seldomBLUE
    The question i got, without going off on a tangent is "which will taste best', ganic or ponic). I say 50% of mother nature beats no mother at all. To me, ganic bud is about 20% better.
    That's what I've heard, and hope to find out for myself.

General Organics flowering week 8
    Attachment 287250

General Hydroponics flowering week 8
    Attachment 287249

General Organics week 10

Attachment 287283

General Hydroponics Flora week 10

Attachment 287284

Well I do not know much about it but I think general organics is good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast