Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1538 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LED grow NO.3, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds. Blue Treacle & AK47 AUTOS !

Oct 28th, 2012

Update no 7.

Hey everyone. So here is an update on my grow. The plants are doing great and I had no major issues with this grow. The are about 60 days old from seed.

Some plants are beginning to show some loss of nitrogen in the leaves and maybe 3 are showing a slight PH issue but nothing too bad. My PH metre is coming in the post soon.

I have had no problems with mould or pests so I am very happy with the outcome so far. I think the plants have about 3 - 4 weeks left in them until harvest.

I have switched the Pro-Grow 260 LED light into the red spectrum as it offers the choice of just the blue/white spectrum, just the red spectrum or having both spectrum on together.

I think the plants enjoy basking in the slutty red light during the final few weeks of bloom. The LED is using about 140w in the bloom spectrum and I have 4 x 65w CFL too.

I'm sure you'll agree that the buds do look very nice under the red spectrum Nice and slutty So enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think

Take care

S.L.

LED grow NO.3, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds. Blue Treacle & AK47 AUTOS !

Would you mind telling me what your CFL set up is? Individual lights, sockets, extension cords, etc. Im trying a similar set-up in my closed with auto Northern Lights with LED's and CFLs. Thanks. And your set up and results looks bitchin!:thumbsup:

3.   Advertisements

Hey Drew

The CFL set-up is quite simple. From the electrical socket I used 2.5mm, 3 core, heat resistant flex to a junction box on the ceiling of my 5' tent.

From the junction box there are 4 x 1.5mm, 3 core, heat resistant flexes, each going to a 65w, 2700k CFL.

I just coil up the excess when the plants begin to get taller. The 4 flexes are long enough to nearly touch the floor, with CFL attached, when let full down. That's it really.

You will see 2 cables coiled up on the ceiling too. They are just a couple more flexes I put in but I'm not using. I might use them for a couple of fans some day.

The LED and CFL lights stay on 20/4 via a timer for the autos. I'm really loving the autos. I think they are the way forward for me. Quick finishing plants to keep the stocks going

Anyway, hope this helps.

Attachment 287564
    Second LED grow journal: LED grow NO.2, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds Third LED grow journal: http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...k47-autos.html \"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\" Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by silent leprechaun
    Hey Drew

The CFL set-up is quite simple. From the electrical socket I used 2.5mm, 3 core, heat resistant flex to a junction box on the ceiling of my 5' tent.

From the junction box there are 4 x 1.5mm, 3 core, heat resistant flexes, each going to a 65w, 2700k CFL.

I just coil up the excess when the plants begin to get taller. The 4 flexes are long enough to nearly touch the floor, with CFL attached, when let full down. That's it really.

You will see 2 cables coiled up on the ceiling too. They are just a couple more flexes I put in but I'm not using. I might use them for a couple of fans some day.

The LED and CFL lights stay on 20/4 via a timer for the autos. I'm really loving the autos. I think they are the way forward for me. Quick finishing plants to keep the stocks going

Anyway, hope this helps.

Attachment 287564
    Do you have a pic of your CFL's? and LED? Just wanted to see how you had them placed. Thanks again

hey man sorry to bother you on your grow log I have no idea how to pm ppl. Could you please check out my log and offer your insight on one of my problems I am having I have posted in forums 1 week ago and no one is interested in helping, I would really appreciate it man. Thanks

Hey SL, I ended up ordering a second PG 400. I e-mailed the company about how I was a bit disappointed with the coverage and they gave me a $40 discount on the second unit, which is basically the same as if I bought the two at the same time and got the bulk price. Anyway I am happy they did something for me. Maybe after I clear out my flower space I'll start a log of the clones I am going to run. I have DP Blueberry, G13 Pineapple Express, and Barneys Farms LSD. I'm going to run 6-7 of each under the two PG 400's. It should be interesting. I am also thinking about breeding a male BB with my two different LSD's I have. I think if I can grow out a bunch of the resulting seeds and take two clones off each plant I will find one of them to be pretty damn amazing. Anyways, I still have about 4 weeks till I can begin flowers on the clones so keep an eye out for the log.

Hey SL, as you know already you have inspired me to try the auto flower seeds. I was just wondering what your estimate of what you will harvest will be or if that proves to be too difficult too figure out what do you think you have as of now in grams. I would just like to know so I know what to expect. You are what 70 days in got a few weeks to go so just trying to figure out what the final yield will be in that a little less than 90 day grow cycle. Thanks, keep up the good work

3rd of November, 2012

Update no. 8

Hey all,

So I have decided to cut down one plant and I did a little lolly popping on 2 plants to give more light penetration through the canopy.

From the lolly popping (7 - 8 lower branches) I got about an ounce dry. The buds are sticky and stinky, just the way I like them

Here is a quick photo of the main cola of the AK47 I cut down this evening... And this is one of the smallest plants in the tent.

It weighs 112 grams just the way it is before drying so I think I'll have maybe 40% of that dry. The pots are very dry now as they all need a good watering.

This is not the entire plant as it is also one of the plants that were lolly popped a few days ago. I think I made about 1.5 to 2 ounces dry from this plant alone, yummy

I think I'll be a big fan of the autos from now on. A good tip is to always go with second generation or more in the auto strains. The AK47 genetics are strong in this one Obi Wan...

I'll have a good update soon for harvest time...

Take care all

S.L.

That looks so fucking scrumptious mmmhhmm, good job dude. Your the shit, let me know what you end up with in the end

Some pics just before harvest:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast