Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1613 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Changing the law in NZ

Hey Guys.
    It seems that NORMLNZ cannot get its collective butt together to re-start the forum pages. So I thought that this thread can be ours to discuss strategies to be used to remove cannabis from the Misuse of Drugs Act, here in New Zealand.
    I have set a goal for myself, that by 2017 I shall be the representative for the West Coast/Tasman electorate. With 8 years of campaigning for cannabis to be regulated, I strongly believe that the best way forward (that I see) is by getting a candidate into Parliament. We will never reach the 5% Party vote. So doing a United Future move seems to be the way to go.

I do not support 'Decriminalization' as an outcome or as a 'stepping-stone' to the goal. Decriminalization ends up being a source of revenue for the police. Organized crime still controls the supply, receiving all moneys tax free. And we still have to run around like criminals to get our cannabis.

I do not support 'Free Market' legalization. Cannabis is still a drug, and Corporations shouldn't be allowed to profit from it. Look at alcohol. I believe that under the control of corporations we will see the loss of many strains (deemed unpopular). If you disagree look at our choice of vegetables these days.

In the 8 years of street campaigning, I know that the majority of people are ignorant of the cannabis issue. When you mention "Legalize" They go into fear mode. With most having the same two fears.

#1 - If we LEGALIZE cannabis, that means anyone can get it, at any time. They worry that their children/people at risk will be able to just get it. That's what LEGAL means.

#2 - If we LEGALIZE cannabis then everyone will be walking around, all day, stoned.

This is our biggest hurdle, people who are not informed on cannabis issue. These people are in the majority.
    This is why I do not campaign for legalization.

I support and campaign for 'REGULATION' It's a nice word, an in-control word.

As I mentioned, the uninformed are the majority, but because information is easier to obtain, people are learning for themselves the benefits of cannabis. And it's our job to help that happen, one person at a time.
    What we have to change, is the damage that prohibitionists like Peter Dunn and Jim Anderton have inflicted onto the uninformed of this country. They have muddied the waters by narrowing down the argument to only two points. 'RECREATIONAL,' 'MEDICINAL' easy for prohibitionists to defend: RECREATIONAL? "Well, no one should really need drugs." MEDICINAL? "Well, now we have medicines that are developed to maintain a consistent dosage. Doctors recommend them, they're here to HELP us bla bla bla."
    They have even got us focused on the two issues. How many times have I heard "We should get medicinal legalized first" About the same amount of times I've said "No. Jus remove it from the Misuse of Drugs Act, and REGULATE the plant, so then anyone can use it for what ever they need it for. Clothing, Building materials, Plastics, Paper/Cardboard, Fuel, Medicine, Spiritual, Recreational.

New Zealand is a small country, and it has been used many times as a 'test country', We're large enough with the right demographics to supply a real result, small enough, and far away enough for no one to care. I say How about, New Zealand will 'TEST' regulation of cannabis as a form of controlling the drug in society, if it works then the rest of the world follows.

If you feel you can work within a moving forward, focus structured environment, let's start the ball rolling...
    Left wing, right wing,
    doesn't mean anything.
    Standardisation, nation by nation,
    control politics by the corporations. (Insurge)

Steven Wilkinson.
    Steveohnz Reviewed by Steveohnz on . Changing the law in NZ Hey Guys. It seems that NORMLNZ cannot get its collective butt together to re-start the forum pages. So I thought that this thread can be ours to discuss strategies to be used to remove cannabis from the Misuse of Drugs Act, here in New Zealand. I have set a goal for myself, that by 2017 I shall be the representative for the West Coast/Tasman electorate. With 8 years of campaigning for cannabis to be regulated, I strongly believe that the best way forward (that I see) is by getting a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Changing the law in NZ

Luck To Ya!!!

Changing the law in NZ

Thanks.

Changing the law in NZ

:thumbsup:Hi Steven, and welcome!
    In the states here..but love your SPIRIT !! You are correct, work from the inside out. I'll be watching and not posting, as I am not in NZ and hope some NZlanders drop in and assist. You'd be correct in keeping this thread up, eeven after elected. Thanks, we need more like you world-wide. :rastar

Changing the law in NZ

law changes are needed here in the states.. hopefully soon!

Changing the law in NZ

I understand that MightyBlaze, But this thread was formed to see if members from New Zealand would like to share ideas of the issue of changing the law here in NZ. Our situation is a bit different here.

Changing the law in NZ

One of the important issues that seems to get forgotten in the 'fight' to change the law surrounding cannabis is, How do you structure a fair and equable regulation system?
    If it is left for 'corporations' to manage, well we all are smart enough to know where that'll go.
    So it's up to us, the people who want change, to have some sort of workable structure, other wise, if the law does change quickly, we will not have any say, and the Government will just pass it on to 'their ' experts, and then well lose cannabis to the corporates.