Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1737 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Amsterdam Layovers 2012

Hey everyone!

I have a 3 1/2 hour layover in Amsterdam coming up in september (landing at 6, taking off at 930) and all th information i could see on amsterdam layovers was quite old. being the occasional toker, and not being one to pass up a opportunity, I was wondering if this is enough time to deplane, go to the city, catch a buzz, and haul a$$ back to the airport in enough time to catch my connecting flight. Can it be done? Any recommendations?
    BlackSheep77 Reviewed by BlackSheep77 on . Amsterdam Layovers 2012 Hey everyone! I have a 3 1/2 hour layover in Amsterdam coming up in september (landing at 6, taking off at 930) and all th information i could see on amsterdam layovers was quite old. being the occasional toker, and not being one to pass up a opportunity, I was wondering if this is enough time to deplane, go to the city, catch a buzz, and haul a$$ back to the airport in enough time to catch my connecting flight. Can it be done? Any recommendations? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Amsterdam Layovers 2012

The last article I read, the coffeee shops don't allow tourists to sample the local plants any more.

Amsterdam Layovers 2012

first of all im guessing that ur landing at 6pm not 6am(coffeeshops dont open before 10am usually)

that said ur looking at roughly 20mins each way on the train (taxi might be quicker, i dunno i always take the train) once youre in amsterdam you can find a coffeeshop right at the top of the damrak (main drag leading from train station) so it would all depend on how quickly you can get off the plane, wether you need to collect your luggage or not, and how quickly you could get back through customs on your return to the airport. personally i dont think its possible, and to do it at all you'd need [U]everything[U] to go your way.

still, if you do pull it off it would be a great little buzz :rasta: good luck if you decide to try it

oh, and tourists can still smoke in the coffeeshops, that change in the law, if it even happens, wont happen till the beginning of 2013(edit)