Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Shortages

Just wanting to pass along to any NM patients looking .... there is medicine available in Las Cruces.

Shortages

Was at my local in Ruidoso today and there was not a shortage.In fact I am very impresed with selection --quality--and service. Sure we all want to grow our own, but it is nice to have a local run this way with product on hand.

Shortages

TYPICAL Bro! You "shoulda" planted out there on The wide open spaces, N.M. has enough remote spaces to camouflage your outside grow. Better luck in 2013! Plenty of great research/how to on you-tube! Read (2012!) Greg Campbell's new work; "Pot,Inc", for some GREAT insight!

4.   Advertisements

Shortages

[quote=CFO]
    DOH needs to reduce those fees. That is money off the backs of us patients. If the producers didn't have to worry about those sky-high fees, they could probably lower the prices.

So basically you're saying the fees associated with being a producer( the producer well informed of these fees prior to production) are what make meds expensive? Sorry that's bull, and any upstanding producer would NOT make their "customers" pay their electricity bill, water bill etc. if it is a true non profit then why the black market prices? After all the same medicine if sold illegally makes drug dealers profit. Logically that leads me to believe producers COULD lower prices if they were willing to. The money is going somewhere. If a patient used a gram of medicine a day it would cost them $15 a day, so $450 a month, think of the yearly cost to patients. This leads myself and I'm sure others to go without so how is it really helping the patient? My prescription meds were a fourth of that for the month. Do I start them back up and await the side effects or have no medicines to help me? The growers are getting there meds though, plenty of meds, i bet their ailments are minimal to say the least. These are valid concerns....

Shortages

thatguyjrod The Fees that are paid to DOH are part of the cost of what you are paying for your meds. "Sorry that's bull, and any upstanding producer would NOT make their "customers" pay their electricity bill, water bill etc. if it is a true non profit then why the black market prices? After all the same medicine if sold illegally makes drug dealers profit".Then can you tell me who is to pay these costs?You don't seem to get the picture here there is a difference in the medicine you get from a producer and what you get off the street.Most producers do a lot more than just grow medicine.The program here in N.M. is still fairly new but continues to grow. In a few years we will see where producers are headed. Have you thought about growing your own meds? If you do TRY you will find out real quick that it is not cheap even with only 4 flower plants.Lastly yes our meds are still too costly if only medicate would help.

Shortages

As to shortages,patients should be able to sell the excess from their PPL to other patients. This would add 2000 small producers at the community level. Most patients are chronically ill and destitute, and are unable to support producers becasuse they are so poor. If they had abillity to make $1000 a month that would change lives. It needs to be about what changes patients lives, not what increases the number or profitability of producers. PPLs also need to be able to possess more than 6ozs to be able to get their annual supply from a fall harvest.
    It should be raised to at least a pound.

Shortages

Now your making sense cannabidiolator.

Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso2002
    thatguyjrod The Fees that are paid to DOH are part of the cost of what you are paying for your meds. "Sorry that's bull, and any upstanding producer would NOT make their "customers" pay their electricity bill, water bill etc. if it is a true non profit then why the black market prices? After all the same medicine if sold illegally makes drug dealers profit".Then can you tell me who is to pay these costs?You don't seem to get the picture here there is a difference in the medicine you get from a producer and what you get off the street.Most producers do a lot more than just grow medicine.The program here in N.M. is still fairly new but continues to grow. In a few years we will see where producers are headed. Have you thought about growing your own meds? If you do TRY you will find out real quick that it is not cheap even with only 4 flower plants.Lastly yes our meds are still too costly if only medicate would help.
    Well let's see
    $100 grow tent
    $188 cool tube both bulbs, ballast,
    $80 for 4 clones
    $20 fan
    $110 or so for nutes
    $400 household electricity for 3 months
    So $900 or so, let's say the grow is medium in yield so an ounce a plant
    4 x $400(average cost of medical grade ounce) =$1,600
    I'm no rocket scientist but investing $900 or so, ten minutes a day to the garden to get even
    An ounce a plant is a savings of $500 compared to buying from a grower/producer/dispensary
    So again, why the high prices?

Shortages

Btw, growers/producers don't use magic to create meds. The plant itself is medicinal, always has been. The only difference is a grower providing the optimum environment for it to flourish rather than some drug lord using workers in a field to grow brick pack crap. Let's be honest

Shortages

thatguyjrod you say "The only difference is a grower providing the optimum environment for it to flourish rather than some drug lord using workers in a field to grow brick pack crap". That PROVIDING THE OPTIMUM ENVIRONMENT is the key those are a huge cost the numbers you give are fine and dandy for a home grow but what if the producers were only producing lets say 4 oz.s a plant and you will have a hard time doing that with the equipment you mentioned above.The producers have to produce for at a min of 1000 patients all year long.The producers are running a business and there are many many things that have to be paid so they charge what they have to to make it work.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook