Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1658 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Shortages

CFO" No holding back or keeping their plant numbers down." Easy to say but not too easy to risk All the hard work.The rules are there so they just have to be changed.I think I know of one producer that is willing to be put under fire to do what is right for the patients. But the best would be for DOH to manup and do what is right for the program.THAT IS THERE JOB.

2.   Advertisements

Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso2002
    I think I know of one producer that is willing to be put under fire to do what is right for the patients.
    That is exactly the kind of risk taking that damages the legitimacy of legal grow operations. The best weapon against shortages is an educated self-grower. This way there are no hands in "the cookie jar" anywhere..The State or the"NON" profits...both are laughing all the way to the bank at the people that NEED the medication.

Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by DrBreeze
    That is exactly the kind of risk taking that damages the legitimacy of legal grow operations. The best weapon against shortages is an educated self-grower. This way there are no hands in "the cookie jar" anywhere..The State or the"NON" profits...both are laughing all the way to the bank at the people that NEED the medication.
    Dr. Breeze now you got me started can you tell me what you mean " That is exactly the kind of risk taking that damages the legitimacy of legal grow operations"? then you say that self-grow is the way to go. Lets say there are 100 average patients that obtain a grow permit I would say 1/4 would be able to sustain a grow that would be enough for that patient. The cost of the equipment to be able to grow 4 plants and 12 veging plants is 1 1000 watt lamp 1 ballast 1 air cooled hood 1 inline fan 1 timer 3 wall mounted fans the more the better.then you need a setup to get your plants to veg. Thats just to start.Then electrical work to upgrade to 20 amp circuits. If you want to do 4 plants flowering $1500 at the least up to?????? for some start of the art equipment. Then you have the electrical bill every month.This medical grade is not the throw a few seeds and see what comes out thing.As for" This way there are no hands in "the cookie jar" anywhere " anywhere there is politics there will be hands in the jar. Then you are saying .".The State or the"NON" profits...both are laughing all the way to the bank" Well your half right the state has collected some real money in taxes and fees.But the state is letting down the patients in the program.There have been some real shortages in supply DOH is charged to run this program it is there problem so please contact Cabinet Secretary Catherine D. Torres and voice your complaints this has got to stop and DOH can fix the problem.

Shortages

Well since you went out of your way to quote and try to twist my words I will gladly oblige.imp: Im going to take a wild guess and start with the assumption that you are a producer. That is where I get most of this kind of flack from on the different forums on the internet.

can you tell me what you mean " That is exactly the kind of risk taking that damages the legitimacy of legal grow operations"?
    I mean what I quoted, a producer willing to be put under fire...sounds like willing to break the law to me, just in fancier words.:wtf: That is seriously frowned upon. Many a producer and patient have gone under for actions like this up here is Denver. The conservatives love it too because it feeds their agenda, they hate nothing more than rule following liberals. :rasta:

then you say that self-grow is the way to go. Lets say there are 100 average patients that obtain a grow permit I would say 1/4 would be able to sustain a grow that would be enough for that patient.
    You can quote me, I never said self grow was the "SOLUTION" for shortage, I said weapon, as in a valuable tool against. As in, the more you can make yourself the less you have to rely upon others for. The reason why patients fail is because they get mis-information and end up getting discouraged. If there were more honest people "HELPING" patients ,by education and guidance, there would be high success rates.

The cost of the equipment to be able to grow 4 plants and 12 veging plants is 1 1000 watt lamp 1 ballast 1 air cooled hood 1 inline fan 1 timer 3 wall mounted fans the more the better.then you need a setup to get your plants to veg. Thats just to start.Then electrical work to upgrade to 20 amp circuits. If you want to do 4 plants flowering $1500 at the least up to??????
    Why do you need 20 amp circuit??? A damn microwave, toaster, electric heater, blow dryer are all 1500 watt and they still clear the 75% rule. A quick scan of one of my favorite stops in ABQ, All Seasons Gardening, has all of that and more that you listed for $650 , the cost of say...1.5 ounces of product from any given dispensary?

for some start of the art equipment. Then you have the electrical bill every month.
    NM kwH prices are the same as here in Northern CO, 9-10 cents/kwh. 1000watt/9amps/18hour day $1.62 , 12hour day $1.08 , far cry from this fear mongering you are trying to employ. $30-40/ month MAX, most patients need 2 good plants, you are describing a 144 square foot grow quadrant, most just need a 400watt and some good guidance to net a good stash.:stoned:

This medical grade is not the throw a few seeds and see what comes out thing.
    Well it isn't in California, or even Denver. But from the sounds of it, with as much crop failure you guys are having in NM, it sure sounds like "throw a few seeds and see". In the end I know of a few patients that have produced better product than "producers", so do not push the agenda that does not put the power in the hands of the patient. No matter what forum I bounce to I always get to ruffle a producers feather by trying to empower a PATIENT. Show me one business owning producer NOT driving a 2010 or newer car....tell me he is not "Writing off" and having a lavish lifestyle under the guise of "non- profit" POWER to the PEOPLE!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Shortages

DrBreeze first off am not a producer but do have in site from a couple. My intension was not to twist your words but And I was not giving flack. I see you are not from these parts so the problem will not affect you but for the patients in N.M. it is a big problem.Growing medical grade is not an easy task. will finish response later.

Shortages

DrBreeze first off am not a producer but do have in site from a couple.
    Sounds like a hand in the jar to me. You either Are or work for a producer, or a shady head shop. I have seen it before and I will see it again, but do not think everyone is an idiot. Nobody sticks up for producers like that because of their track record and donations.:jointsmile:

I see you are not from these parts so the problem will not affect you but for the patients in N.M. it is a big problem.
    It is unfortunate that you were so quick to judge. I have a winter home in Santa Fe and my parents are both born and raised from there. They are both MM patients and I helped them get their paperwork over a year ago. So for you to jump to conclusions and tell me it will not affect me is blasphemy. This is why I check out all NM/CO forums across the internet.

Growing medical grade is not an easy task. will finish response later.
    There goes the chasing rainbows mentality again. A proper education and a little guidance and ANYONE can grow. Do not dumb down patients, there are plenty of capable adults willing and able to learn. I believe in people with will, and an education. Please do not worry about finishing your response, you have made it clear. You are on "that" side of the counter when it comes to "medication".

Sorry if it seems a bit harsh, but I have seen this time and time again since this whole MM process started. Fear sells faster than anything else, it drives politics, and that includes Medical cannabis and it's patients. :hippy:

Shortages

Back to your response DrBreeze I don't want to scare anyone off.Growing there own med.s is the thing to do but what I am saying is that a lot of patients that try and grow there own will never get the hang of it. You want to make it sound so easy but in reality it is a lot of hard work and the costs are high. You want to question costs of the equipment so be it you can buy cheap stuff and for sure you are going to have problems sooner or later not that it won't happen with quality stuff but I just feel better knowing I got the best I can.You ask why the 20 amp circuit lamp inline fan. circulation fans and depending if you are doing hydro you would need even more power. Yea you can do it with a 15 amp circuit but I won't take the chance of a fire.now to elect. costs 30-40 a month. If that was it I would be real happy. Think more around 180.00 a month in winter months more like 240.00 in summer.Like I keep saying it is a job to keep plants at differant stages of growth. total watts in my system 2400 watts. But for the last 4 years have not had to buy a bud from anyone.That dose not mean that I have not tried from anyone just don't have to buy.Another thing about growing your own is the pride you can get from growing YOUR bud. 2 people can grow the same clone off a mother and come out with 2 differant looking plants. Yes the power should be with the people I don't have a problem with that. That is what I started this tread about That in this state the Department of Health was put in charge of running this program. It is failing to do what it was tasked to do> I see every day patients in the program not being able to get there medication. because there is not enough for all the patients in the program. THAT IS NMDOH's problem they have to make sure that there are enough med.s for all who need it.In a perfect world yes being able to grow your own would be the best.But there would still be those that for watever reason can't grow there own they need to be able to obtain there med.s in a safe manner and that is what the producers in N.M. do.

Shortages

Sounds like a hand in the jar to me. You either Are or work for a producer, or a shady head shop. I have seen it before and I will see it again, but do not think everyone is an idiot. Nobody sticks up for producers like that because of their track record and donations.:jointsmile:

It is unfortunate that you were so quick to judge. I have a winter home in Santa Fe and my parents are both born and raised from there. They are both MM patients and I helped them get their paperwork over a year ago. So for you to jump to conclusions and tell me it will not affect me is blasphemy. This is why I check out all NM/CO forums across the internet.

There goes the chasing rainbows mentality again. A proper education and a little guidance and ANYONE can grow. Do not dumb down patients, there are plenty of capable adults willing and able to learn. I believe in people with will, and an education. Please do not worry about finishing your response, you have made it clear. You are on "that" side of the counter when it comes to "medication".

Sorry if it seems a bit harsh, but I have seen this time and time again since this whole MM process started. Fear sells faster than anything else, it drives politics, and that includes Medical cannabis and it's patients. :hippy:
    Dam DrBreeze not sure what your problems are but give me a break here. What I am saying is that the PATIENTS in New Mexicos Program are being let down by DOH. You say I am sticking up for producers. You can read it that way if you want but the reason I was even talking about producers is that they are the ones that supply patients in the program with there med.s. Now you want to talk about track records I am a part of the NMMCPA here in n.m. don't expect you to know about the alliance but will leave it at that."So for you to jump to conclusions and tell me it will not affect me is blasphemy. This is why I check out all NM/CO forums across the internet." Again give me a break. So if you are from n.m. Then you should know the problems here. What are your ideas for solving those problems?Paint me as you wiintension'sintensions are for the good of all patients in N.M. P.S. was missing that last part I am Not dummying down anyone . There are many patients in the program that are physically not able to do anything.What are they to do????

Shortages

... NM/CO forums across the internet.
    :hippy:
    Moving to NM in August. I'd be interested in learning more about some good NM forums

Shortages

GROW "OR" Get yourself and one trusted friend to take a little trip up to Garberville,CA. Make sure Your Transport vehicle is premium, with zero problems.
    Bring 5 K! Go home with enough premium smoke to share with at least ten good friends!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook