Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1700 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Total Beginner here, Looking for some info. I think it is Nute burn. You tell me...

More pics (Last pics of plants under 125w CFL 6500k, These pics in the Growtent)
    [attachment=o285143][attachment=o285144][attachment=o285145][attachment=o285146][attachment=o285147]
    SuperPonics 4x4 Grow Room: (4x4 GrowLab Tent, 6 Superponics 5-gal Bubbleflow Hydroponics (DWC + Constant Flow), 600w HPS Air Cooled - 600w Lumatek Dimmable Ballast, Eco 185 Submersible WaterPump, EcoPlus 4\" Inline fan 160 CFM, EcoPlus Air Pump w/ 6 airStones) - Final stage of Veg/Flowering Chamber, Hydrofarm 125w 6500k CFL w/ Reflector (Clones/Seedlings/First Part Veg), Technaflora Recipe for success Nutes

Total Beginner here, Looking for some info. I think it is Nute burn. You tell me...

More Grow Room Pics[attachment=o285148][attachment=o285149][attachment=o285150]
    SuperPonics 4x4 Grow Room: (4x4 GrowLab Tent, 6 Superponics 5-gal Bubbleflow Hydroponics (DWC + Constant Flow), 600w HPS Air Cooled - 600w Lumatek Dimmable Ballast, Eco 185 Submersible WaterPump, EcoPlus 4\" Inline fan 160 CFM, EcoPlus Air Pump w/ 6 airStones) - Final stage of Veg/Flowering Chamber, Hydrofarm 125w 6500k CFL w/ Reflector (Clones/Seedlings/First Part Veg), Technaflora Recipe for success Nutes

3.   Advertisements

After looking at pics:

I am Flushing out my system today, and I will be putting nutes in. What strength nutes should i be running them on? I am using Technaflora Recipe for Success Kit, Been running them on 1/4 Strength nutes at about 500-600ppm. What Strength Nutes should I put in this time? I had my HPS 600w Dialed down to 300w, turned it up to 400w just a couple days ago, When Should I use full 600w?

I would go up a little more on the nutes like 1 or 200 ppm at a time over a week till full str. You can turn the lights on high, just move them up to about 36-40" and bring them down over the next week. I imagine in a weekish you will be over 20" and ready to flower. remember ph,feed and light= Fast growing big plants in dwc.
    [align=center]Keep on Keepin on, it will all come together.[/align]

the t-5 in in the center, t-8 to the right. The t-5 is the way to go. You can honestly let the plants touch the bulb and they dont burn. I had a mother grow between 2 bulbs, funny shit.

Lighting is another opinion filled deal. here is mine.

The closer and more intense the light the faster the growth. I had people tell me you cant bring a light to 24" of a plant or it will heat stress and die. At this very moment I have 1000w hps bulb about 14" from the colas.
    You see its all in the setup and what it can do. With chilled water the plants can take more heat as well. You will also see people blowing the plants sideways with 10 fans. Crazyness. I have 1 fan pointed at...yup the sky on the lowest setting.
    not my plants, not the bulbs, the sky. Why? Cuz IMO you need the air on move and mix thats it. We never blow plants sideways in a greenhouse of tomatoes and face the exact same problems prob even more.
    People often miss the point that heat rises and you should be skimming this hot layer off the top not spreading it all over.
    [align=center]Keep on Keepin on, it will all come together.[/align]

Quote Originally Posted by Veterror
    More Grow Room Pics
    Nice to see that they are recovering OK.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...og-w-pics.html - 1st grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...co-w-pics.html - 2nd grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)

Looking much better Veterror! Especially the ones in your full system. Nice and perky now.
    I googled the nutrients you are using and I understand why you over fed them at first. Also I see it's a complete set of products hence all the additives.
    From what I can tell it's basically a 3 part but you use the grow and boost in veg then bloom and boost in flower.
    In Veg the standard recommended dose equals an EC of 2.0 which seems very high to me. Would be perfect for heavy feeders like tomatoes though.
    If you are using 1/4 strength right now and they look good then doubling that to half strength or an EC of 1.0 might even be pushing it.
    Personally I'd recommend not going above an EC of 0.8 just yet. You can always up the dose if they begin to look under fed. They might handle an EC of 1.0 but I'd wait until next week for that just to be on the safe side. From my experience and from what I've researched it's better to slightly under do it than to over do it.
    I have two different types of nutrients and I'm finding one brand at an EC of 0.6 is has the same effect as the other at an EC of 0.8.
    Keep in mind I don't claim to be an expert nor do I have massive amounts of experience. I'm always refining the easiest way to get the best results.
    I recommend making a log with notes and pictures for everything you are doing on a week by week basis. Especially while it's still fresh in your memory.
    In a few months or years time if you're raising seedlings again it's easy to forget what worked in the past. You can be much more confident just following your own directions with the products you use until the plants start becoming easy to gauge in full veg mode.
    Keep the pics and updates coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomin Idiot
    I kinda Chuckled a little at your posts.

Honestly for a 1st time grow you need to get a setup to match your level of exp. One thing you will learn are there are tons of opinions and facts alike.

I personally use full strength ferts as soon as I see rooting. You be beter off in dwc to use half till you can read a plant.
    As far as your setup goes the plants are improperly planted- and let me give you some advice. A small plant doesn't need alot of water and it also needs to search water out to grow root. Those little clay balls called hydroton there hold 1/3rd their volume in water. So simple math 3cups of it hold 1 cup of water. Bury those little cubes, plz and quit drowning them.

Now lets take water. PH 6.3. hmm. No good. I think a ph of 5.6-5.8 would be better suited for those plants and dont stand on top of it. Adjusting it for .2 is unneeded.over a period of say an hour get it to the level then check it again in a day or 2. They don't want you correcting it every 5 mins. I also hope that is RO water. If so either use about 1/3rd tap to bring the ppm up to 100 ish. If you tap is horrible use ca/mg to 100ppm or so and then start mixing the fert in. You will also find a chiller works best in that system....

And as far as lighting go crazy just keep it well away from their young eyes.

I think i read you wanted to make a 2 room setup for increased cycle time. I would go with some simple setup for this and pack that room very tight. I use only a few t-5 and t-8
    [attachment=o285105]

Just keep it safe and simple.

Good luck!

Soil is forgiving for a new guy as yourself. As you learn about the plant and its needs you can then go nuts with faster moving setups.

Wow, that setup you have there is absolutely amazing!
    I would die if I had that!
    It is all so neat, organized, an legit!

I am way too young an inexperienced to build something like that but man I gotta say I am envious of you!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123