Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1580 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Total Beginner here, Looking for some info. I think it is Nute burn. You tell me...

Hey Guys,
    I am totally new to Growing. I have a 4x4 Grow room with (Superponics.com Bubbleflow Bucket System) Mixture of DWC and constant flow. I have just transplanted my plants from The Propagator to My Hydro System. I have Feminized White widow, Feminized Blueberry, and two Afghan plants. Include I have some Pics, I did some research, not too much as I Wanted opinions from REAL growers. This is my first time, Be gentle with me and dont tell me i overpaid for my Grow room, or that i am a retard. I believe Hydroponics is something you must learn through trial and Error. So here is my Problem. The Blueberry is doing good, real good since i put it in. It looks like a little Nute burn on them, not much though. Second i have my White Widow, None of them are looking good at all, maybe severe case of nute burn. The afghan is in between. Please Look and give some Advice please on what to do. This community is made up of Smart experienced and non experienced growers, Help a Beginner out please. Thank you.

P.S. I Flushed With fresh water to lower Nute Concentration yesterday, seem to have improved since then.

pH - around 6.2

TDS - was at 600 ppm, now at 400ppm

Superponics growroom 4x4
    Bubbleflow Buckets
    600w HPS Air Cooled With Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballast (Now set at 300w) (175w CFL for Propagator)
    Technaflora Recipe for success Nutes
    Veterror Reviewed by Veterror on . Total Beginner here, Looking for some info. I think it is Nute burn. You tell me... Hey Guys, I am totally new to Growing. I have a 4x4 Grow room with (Superponics.com Bubbleflow Bucket System) Mixture of DWC and constant flow. I have just transplanted my plants from The Propagator to My Hydro System. I have Feminized White widow, Feminized Blueberry, and two Afghan plants. Include I have some Pics, I did some research, not too much as I Wanted opinions from REAL growers. This is my first time, Be gentle with me and dont tell me i overpaid for my Grow room, or that Rating: 5
    SuperPonics 4x4 Grow Room: (4x4 GrowLab Tent, 6 Superponics 5-gal Bubbleflow Hydroponics (DWC + Constant Flow), 600w HPS Air Cooled - 600w Lumatek Dimmable Ballast, Eco 185 Submersible WaterPump, EcoPlus 4\" Inline fan 160 CFM, EcoPlus Air Pump w/ 6 airStones) - Final stage of Veg/Flowering Chamber, Hydrofarm 125w 6500k CFL w/ Reflector (Clones/Seedlings/First Part Veg), Technaflora Recipe for success Nutes

2.   Advertisements

Total Beginner here, Looking for some info. I think it is Nute burn. You tell me...

Sorry if the Pics are a little Fuzzy, Camera which should be top of the line, Sucks. Anyway her are three more pics. of the others.Attachment 285036Attachment 285037Attachment 285038
    SuperPonics 4x4 Grow Room: (4x4 GrowLab Tent, 6 Superponics 5-gal Bubbleflow Hydroponics (DWC + Constant Flow), 600w HPS Air Cooled - 600w Lumatek Dimmable Ballast, Eco 185 Submersible WaterPump, EcoPlus 4\" Inline fan 160 CFM, EcoPlus Air Pump w/ 6 airStones) - Final stage of Veg/Flowering Chamber, Hydrofarm 125w 6500k CFL w/ Reflector (Clones/Seedlings/First Part Veg), Technaflora Recipe for success Nutes

looks like you gave it Nutes to early. I wait for the 2nd or 3rd node. Or listen to her. She will begin to yellow a little. Then give 1/2 strength nutes to get her used to it. You can't feed a baby a t-bone and expect it not to choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Veterror
    Sorry if the Pics are a little Fuzzy, Camera which should be top of the line, Sucks.
    Does it have a Macro mode? If so, use that next time you want a close up shot.

pH - around 6.2
    Your PH is in range but most aim for 5.8
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...og-w-pics.html - 1st grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...co-w-pics.html - 2nd grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)

I have been adding pH down little here and little there, but it really likes to stay around 6.2 I know its in range, but like you said, I would rather it be on the low end of the range. About transplanting early, I do believe that your right, I planted them a little earlier than expected due to certain circumstances. One of them being that it seemed the plants growth came to a stand still. Thought Maybe a better enviroment with 300w HPS would work better. whats done is done though. Do you think the plants will pull through? Maybe just stunt growth for little bit? or will it adjust. Like I said, I put 1/4 Strength nutes in, a healthy dose of root 66 to help with rooting. What do you guys think?

About the camera, My camera suck, supposed to be good camera but have had nothing but unclear pictures, Pursuing new camera for better pics for this forum.

I will Mess with my settings to see if i can get a clearer picture. I was sort of in a hurry when i first posted.

One of them being that it seemed the plants growth came to a stand still. Thought Maybe a better enviroment with 300w HPS would work better. whats done is done though. Do you think the plants will pull through? Maybe just stunt growth for little bit? or will it adjust. Like I said, I put 1/4 Strength nutes in, a healthy dose of root 66 to help with rooting. What do you guys think?
    The 300w HPS is overkill at this point. I would use the CFL till they got larger (just to save electricity/money). I use 1 x125w 6500k CFL for my veg room. I have a mom and up to 4 cuttings/vegging plants under that.

Growth is slow at this stage, I think they will be fine and... relax. You are doing O.K.

:thumbsup:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...og-w-pics.html - 1st grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...co-w-pics.html - 2nd grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)

To the last two comments, First PhatJay:

Thank you, Maybe using the 300w HPS is overkill right now. Would it hurt for me to switch back to the 125 w 5600k CFL at this point and time? I have made a room in my house just for growing. The Hydro setup takes up half, and i am Looking to Make the Other half into a Veg room with the Hydro setup and grow room my flowering Chamber basically. But I am still new, Still trying to understand. Should I get another Growlab tent to set up my Vegging room? Will one 125w 6400k Be good for a Vegging room? They are only 70$ for the setup and light, wouldn't be much to pick on more up... I am looking to have one mother, and clones or seedlings in the Veg room. another good Question. Can I have more than one plant per pot, They are 5 gallon buckets with netpots. Would that be an ok idea or bad Idea?

To the Second:

I agree it is not looking good. The wHite widow is not looking good, The afghan isn't either, but the blueberry seems to be taking off. So, After thinking about it, and hearing advice i would like to set a Veg room up, and keep a mother, the strongest of the blueberry. and clone from there for a good and successful batch. I did presoak the rockwool in pH adjusted water, i am aware they come naturally with hig pH Value. When you say you would use any additives as a beginner, do you mean just do it all naturally until it is in the bubbleflow Buckets then just use boost bloom and growth and dont bother with sugar daddy, b1 vitamins, magical, root 66 or any other additive? I always kept them damp when they were in the propagator, and only watered with pH balanced water every once in a while. From what i know, the Dry/Wet routine will help with root developement? I did not manually pull seed husks off, they fell off on their own. Used Sterile equipment when dealing with seeds. Tried doing everything by the book. Another question. When the roots are developing, one root comes straight to the bottom, but root developement went to a standstill for about a week. I did not see much more roots other than the one protruding from the bottom, and they got real long. couple inches at least. So I am told that I should wait for the second node before transplanting. Would that be the second set of "True Leaves"? would that be considered the second node? I hope to be able to start a successful veg and flowering room, and yes, I am finding that doing Hydro for the first time from seeds is VERY confusing. I am no Dummy, I used to be a nuclear engineer, But there are so many opinions and ways. You said it yourself, its very hard, so I hope your comment on me being a retard was just about the system i Bought. Also if your read this whole post, I posted about I know I overpaid for my system. I am aware of this, But I have a five year warranty on any part besides the HPS light, I have money unlike some, so I am able to afford the system without remortgaging my house. and If you knew what I spent buying to smoke, you would say i got a hell of a deal, LOL. To be truthful, my girl is the heavy smoker. But now I have a whole system, and I have dived into the Hydroponic world which i have been interested in for quite some time. Would I reccomend superponics.com to anyone else.... not really, but i am happy to have a starting point. I plan on building my Veg room myself, now that i have a "Very Generalized Understanding" of Hydroponics.

P.S. Any help on how to build my veg room would be appreciated. or links to some good threads for building veg room.

Thank you guys, but please retain from calling people retards on choice of system, lesson learned, won't make mistake in future. :-)
    [Mod Note: In the future, if there is any more inflammatory name-calling directed towards you, please hit the Report Post button and do not respond to that poster responsible. A Staff member will handle it from there. Any personal attacks and/or insulting other members will not be tolerated here!]

Also, Since this was my first grow, i still have more than half of my seeds. So I am thinking about Germinating more White widow and afghan.

To the last two comments, First PhatJay:

Thank you, Maybe using the 300w HPS is overkill right now. Would it hurt for me to switch back to the 125 w 5600k CFL at this point and time?
    No it won't hurt.

I have made a room in my house just for growing. The Hydro setup takes up half, and i am Looking to Make the Other half into a Veg room with the Hydro setup and grow room my flowering Chamber basically. But I am still new, Still trying to understand. Should I get another Growlab tent to set up my Vegging room? Will one 125w 6400k Be good for a Vegging room?
    It depends on what size your plants are. I grow really small plants (under 2ft at harvest with L.S.T.) so thats all I need.I also keep my mother plant at 2ft. You would probably need more light for the later stages of veg. A 125w CFL will do 4 cuttings to week 6/7 for me.

Week 1-2 Root cutting in starter cube
    Week 2-3 Root in larger cube (3")
    Week 3-4 transfer to pot and veg.
    Week 6/7 Put into flower room under 250w HPS

This is probably about 2-3 weeks veg time, which is quite short, I would add more light at this point if I were growing larger plants because 125 would not really be enough after week 6/7 (week 2-3 of veg).

Can I have more than one plant per pot, They are 5 gallon buckets with netpots. Would that be an ok idea or bad Idea?
    Bad idea.

I did presoak the rockwool in pH adjusted water,
    Did you squeeze the excess water out afterwards? The cubes need to be moist to the touch, not waterlogged. I soak my cubes then give them a good squeeze.

I am finding that doing Hydro for the first time from seeds is VERY confusing. I am no Dummy, I used to be a nuclear engineer, But there are so many opinions and ways.
    This is the joy of growing for some, there are no right answers to a lot of questions. What is the right setup for you depends on so many factors.

Thank you guys, but please retain from calling people retards on choice of system, lesson learned, won't make mistake in future. :-)
    I must say that I thought that that was uncalled for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast