Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1618 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Noob

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking about growing for the fist time, does anybody have any advice for me?
    I'm looking for help with knowing what seed to use and what equipment will I need.... etc.
    Help would be very much appreciated.
    csallmighty Reviewed by csallmighty on . Noob Hey guys, I'm thinking about growing for the fist time, does anybody have any advice for me? I'm looking for help with knowing what seed to use and what equipment will I need.... etc. Help would be very much appreciated. :cool: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Noob

Hey,

Just follow my grow logs. They are designed to help new growers. I document each week. The links are in my signature below.

Bit pricey for a bit of smoke in Ireland... Wouldn't blame you for starting to grow. Its a growing trend

Take care.

Noob

Thanks for the reply.

Time for me to start growing

I agree, prices are too high for me now so I would like to start growing.

Another quick question: what good quality seed would be very low maintenance? because I rarely have any spare time these days and i'm very forgetful so a plant wont get quality care from me.

Noob

I wouldn't bother growing if I didn't have the time.

Getting setup takes quite a bit of time and effort.

If you don't have the time or so forgetful that the plants will suffer then just grow outdoors.

Noob

Where could I get information on growing outdoors?
    Would a plant grow well in a greenhouse? even though the weather in Ireland is crap.

Noob

The plants will be fine in a green house... They will be perfect in a green house ! The greenhouse stops them from getting wet. This almost 100% prevents mould.

just be sure it doesn't get too humid in the green house. Let some air move around. Let the plant outside the green house sometimes in the first 6 weeks to help to train it. This help the plant to develop a strong trunk and strong branches. This is important for when the buds develop.

I would have me seeds planted by now if I were you. If you get down 10 you will be done for smoke for the year.

Have a look on the Rhino Seed company website. I just picked up 10 Mataro Blue Autoflower feminised from that site. 100% germination and they are all outdoors now ! 75g average per plant.

Just get the seeds germinated between some damp kitchen roll and get them in individual small pots.

Get them in the green house after they sprout. You need to get a move on. The last frost is when they are normally planted, late March or so.

You can plant now. It's no problem. The plants won't begin to bloom until mid August or so. So you have from mid June, all July and August to veg them.

Just get started and it will be easy to point you in the right direction as the grow progresses.

Best of luck mo chara

Noob

Would a plant grow well in a greenhouse?

What kind of question is that? What else would you use a greenhouse for?! Would be ideal given the hellish weather you folks have to deal with! Game on.

Noob

Pretty wacky question alright I would kill to have access to my own personal greenhouse !!

Take care all

Noob

Ha ha my bad.

Well I wasn't too sure if a marijuana plant would grow well in a greenhouse or would it always have to be inside under a light.

Well I'm not gonna be growing in Ireland anymore, I'm going to Australia for 3 months I will report back on my Australian findings