Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1730 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Just want to get some advice.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting a little grow spot in a near by woods, it seems to get good sun light, and the soil isn't bad, it seems really nutritious but i was wondering, if i throw seeds down along with some fertilizer will anything grow, im not trying to watch them 24/7, just maybe check on them 2/ a week. just trying to get this thread going so i have an Idea... Thanks.
    Bubba_Kush Reviewed by Bubba_Kush on . Just want to get some advice. Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting a little grow spot in a near by woods, it seems to get good sun light, and the soil isn't bad, it seems really nutritious but i was wondering, if i throw seeds down along with some fertilizer will anything grow, im not trying to watch them 24/7, just maybe check on them 2/ a week. just trying to get this thread going so i have an Idea... Thanks. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

It should work as long as everything is there that the plant needs. It grows wild perfectly well throughout the midwest.

Soil PH means alot. Worms in the soil is agood indicator of the proper PH. Certain plants in the area are also good indicators of PH. Grape vine, bittersweet, good ole Pricker Bushes and Sumac have always been good plants to look for. Pine trees and Blueberry bushes are a sure sign of acidic soil and plants will not grow well with out help. Prep the soil with some polymer crystals to help with watering and add some ferts when you do go out to water and you should have a harvest in the fall.

When you see signs of sex then you should remove any males unless you want seed for the next year. I prefer clones. If yo find a good growing female and would like to keep the plant alive for next year this can be done rather easily. Pick a branch that has little bud growth on it. Scrape off the hardened outer bark and cover area in rooting hormone. Use tape, gause or twine to anchor some soil around the prepared area. Within two weeks the plant should sprout roots into the attached dirt. Now cut the branch off and get it under lights to prompt the plant to begin to vegitate again. Veg the plant, top it and train it to sprout as many branches as it will grow. Each branch can be cloned for next years crop.

Grow the Revolution, JPS

Here's what I did with my outdoor grow I am growing in a pine forest so what I did was clear a small area so that I got the most possible sun and then dug a hole about
    2'w x 2'd x 2't and filled it with scotts topsoil and that was it besides watering once a week with a compost tea and result are great so far.