Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1696 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Venting your grow room..Good/Bad idea?

Ok this is an idea im planning on putting into action for my grow.

The grow room will be 5ft x 5ft x 6ft, frame made with 2in x 2in wood, and then wrapped in chicken wire for support. Then heavy black sheeting wrapped all around the outside to stop light, and the inside will be covered by 5 safety blankets(100% mylar). Now this is where your imagination has to be utilised....- approximatly 10 1ft(or half a foot) plastic pipes( 2in diameter ), these will be placed around the grow room top and bottom and they will be covered with netting to prevent small unwanted friends. Air can pass in and out trough the little chimneys giving the grow room a constant supply. A fan or two will be inside the room to keep the temps down.

Also the room in which the grow room is in will be on 3rd floor with a window permentaly open slightly.

Do you think this idea of venting the grow room could work and cut down on the need for fans that need to pull air in trough ducting and blow it out trough more ducting..

let me know what ye think and dont abuse me if its the worst idea in the world haha i jus curious

:rastasmoke: happy smokin
    WEEDATHON Reviewed by WEEDATHON on . Venting your grow room..Good/Bad idea? Ok this is an idea im planning on putting into action for my grow. The grow room will be 5ft x 5ft x 6ft, frame made with 2in x 2in wood, and then wrapped in chicken wire for support. Then heavy black sheeting wrapped all around the outside to stop light, and the inside will be covered by 5 safety blankets(100% mylar). Now this is where your imagination has to be utilised....- approximatly 10 1ft(or half a foot) plastic pipes( 2in diameter ), these will be placed around the grow room top Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I'm not sure I understand your setup. Is there a reason for doing this? Sounds like a lot of work to me. Air will not move through the ducting at needed rates without some sort of draw fan. Perhaps I am not understanding your setup or objectives?

well see thats the thing, its no work at all just placing about 10 small pipes around the box. allowing air to freely always travel in and out with out having door open and that. I know its kinda crazy tryin put an idea from my head into writing, pictures would be ideal haha. Thanks for da reply tho

ps i was thinking no ducting, jus alot of air holes

dude, just buy a tent, should cost the same and they are available in many different sizes. Way less work. Get a fan and run a duct to the window, you're gonna want lots of air circulation. Either that or supplement co2 and keep the room cool.

Supplementing with co2 is for the advanced grower. The plants don't benefit significantly unless temperatures are kept high. But growmaxx is right about the air circulation. You want a fan of some sort to extract the air. Passive extraction as you are considering may work on some level but ideally you exchanged the air regularly. Let us know what you end up doing!

Building a box is cheaper than a tent. I've got a tent now, but have built my own before. The problem is your Co2 levels will be too low without forced air exchange dramatically slowing growth. This can be made a little better by opening the door to box several times while light is on.
    Your design will also be an odor problem.

All living things breath, one thing or another anyway. If youre gonna have an enclosed grow you should vent and fan. vents or exchangers can be filtered to reduce odor and can be put on a timer so that you don't lose desired co2 and or effect controlled humidity. the fans help the plants breath and the motion of air on leaves and stems help strengthen the plant for large, bulbous, huge, gigantic buds. MMMM MMMM!

I plan to do something like that except im gonna use a silver tarp inside for reflectivity and as a gas/ moisture barrier, aaand just the reverse, my exchanger will be windows and I keep a couple small fans that will be rigged to a dc source, 12v fans. Less electricity and fan noise ( cause I don't want to sound like I am growing). I think that will work nicely for me.